Morini 162MI cylinder gauge...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

harjyotbhogal

Morini 162MI cylinder gauge...

Post by harjyotbhogal »

one of my morini 162MI's cylinder is always leaking so i have to rely upon just one cylinder...i havent checked where the leakage is from but if its from the front...is their any way that i can get my gauge replaced or if i have to buy a new one, can i buy just one cylinder or will i have to buy a set of 2 ?? i am asking you guys b'coz i live in india and thr are only 1 or 2 morini dealers and they would charge me alot...if I'll have to buy a new one I'll ask my relatives to bring it for me...so please let me know asap...

P.S. => the gauge on that cylinder was broken since i bought my pistol...showed around 50-70bar even when the cylinder was empty...
David M

Post by David M »

Which gauge do you have, one without numbers or one with numbers ?
The early gauges are prone to a internal leak and need to be replaced with the later gauge.
The cylinders can either be sent to a dealer or back to the factory for overhaul.
harjyotbhogal

Post by harjyotbhogal »

mine doesnt have numbers...
it has a needle but its a bit smaller than the old gauges...i know that coz my cousin had an old morini and his gauge had grooves on the outer surface and mine is plain...its smaller than that gauge...

is it possible to buy just one cylinder??
or will i have to buy a set of 2???
ive seen morinis conversion kit with somebody which had 2 cylinders but they were smaller in size...will i have to buy that whole kit???
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You can either have your old cylinder repaired or you can buy a single cylinder.
harjyotbhogal

Post by harjyotbhogal »

ok...thanks

Post by Guest »

i checked my cylinder today...the leakage is not from the gauge but from the other side...told my coach bout that...he said its repairable...but now i dont know what to do about my gauge problem...it shows 50-60 bar pressure even when the cylinder is empty...is the gauge repairable or replacable???
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:...is the gauge repairable or replacable???
Almost certainly replaceable.

When I had the older style gauges I used to joke that the needle was painted on. Even when the cut-out operated the needles still showed full.

The only time I ever saw the needles in a different position was when the gauges had leaked and the cylinders were totally empty. The gauges on my 2 cylinders developed leaks within a very few months of each other.

I had both gauges replaced with the more modern type, and they match the reading on the gauge on my diving bottle pretty closely (given that they are all cheap design small diameter units, so difficult to be totally accurate).

Post by Guest »

well..i enquired a bit and getting the gauge replaced in india is not a good option coz thr are only 3-4 morini dealers in india and they would charge me alot...my friend's relatives got him a new cylinder in that amount from england, i think...moreover, i checked and the leakage is not from the gauge..its from the other side...tried to stop the leakage with teflon tape but seems like the leakage has increased...hehe...will try to get a new rubber seal which is located in the cylinder...if u guys have any more ideas then do let me know...