Anschutz 1813 what is it and value in the US?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

MochiMochi

Anschutz 1813 what is it and value in the US?

Post by MochiMochi »

Hi folks,

i recently asked about a 1807 for sale. Well turns out the gun is in reality a 1813 from about 1984. I've not seen it yet but the geezer who is selling it says it only has about 300 rounds down the barrel and that it's in great shape. I'm scheduling a time to see the gun in person and it would be great to have a little background and an approximate value in dollars US.

I'm guessing that the 1813 is more adjustable and heavier from what I have read. Correct? or no? As quoted from the bloke with the gun says it's a "Full Olympic Kit" not sure yet what that exactly entails. If you know much about this I'd appreciate hearing.

The only prices I've seen for an 1807 or a 1813 run about $1500 in very good condition. Is this the right? Would appreciate your wisdom. Thanks in advance.

Post by Guest »

An 1813 Olympic would make more sense. The Olympic 84 was a special/commemorative issue of the 1813.

The 1813 Supermatch was Anschutz's flagship model from 1980-87. Like the 1807 it is built on an improved single-shot Match 54 action. It has the same fully adjustable two-stage match trigger. It has a 27in (69cm) barrel that is slightly thicker than the 1807, and so is heavier. Overall weight would be 14lb (or over) against 10.5lb for the 1807.

The big difference is in the stock; this was intended to be used in Mens prone and 3-P matches. It is walnut, has a thumbhole and a broad square-ish fore-end that runs parallel to the barrel.

The butt can be minutely adjusted for length by a screw mechansim. The buttplate can be adjusted for height, moved left-right, twisted, and pivots around the mounting bar pointing the plate in or out. The hook pivots left-right, and can be raised. The plate itself can be brought back for greater contact (mostly when standing). NB if the butt plate slides up/down on a curved metal plate, the rifle is an older 1813 (or even an older model Anschutz).

The cheekpiece can be raised; it is spring loaded and held by a large thumbscrew.

There should be a small rest that attaches to the thumbhole grip; this can be adjusted for height and angle. It's there to guide the heel of the
hand.

If the rifle was bought for 3-P shooting it should have the palm-rest for standing. This fits onto the fore-end rail, and is used to raise up the rfiel when shooting standing.

Tim S

Exeter Uk
bored184

Anschutz

Post by bored184 »

I do not know much about these rifles, as I am still in the process of learning about mine. But I picked one up for about $1500.00 at the last Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show. If you look among these threads look for the one entitled Anschutz 1813, you can read what was said about mine.

MochiMochi

Thank you again!

Post by MochiMochi »

Thank you so much Tim S for the details and overview. Thanks also Bored184 for the photo. I greatly appreciate your help. I spoke with the owner. The gun is supposed to be free of any scratches or wear. The rifle has a commemorative seal on it, and "rather exotic sights"... the fore-sight has an optically adjustable sight ring. The rear sight may or may not have an adjustable iris, but does have color adjustment and a polarizer. Sounds like there are a number of extra sights and attachments.