HS Citation rear sight

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

schatzperson

HS Citation rear sight

Post by schatzperson »

I have just bought a nice HS Citation with the rear sight mounted on the slide.
I was wondering how much the somewhat sloppy slide to frame fit is going to effect accuracy.
I like the odd angled rake on this pistol, I wondered that if the sight mounted on a shakey slide does jeopardise aimpoint, I could tap the rear part of frame to take simple sight adapter.

Any advice ?
Mike Taylor

dot sight on HS Citation

Post by Mike Taylor »

I had a gunsmith mount a rail (weaver?) to the barrel. I mounted a dot sight to the rail. I kept the open rear sight. I can remove the barrel with the dot sight and replace it with another barrel without dot sight (but with 'regular' front sight) and shoot open (iron) sight matches, too.
Mike Taylor

Post by Mike Taylor »

Oops,
I think you were refering to 'point of aim' rather than to the Aimpoint brand of dot sight.
I doubt that the slide-to-frame fit will appreciably affect your group size but if you have the capability of fixing the rear sight to the frame, go ahead. After all, High standard did that with the later 'Military' models.
schatzperson

HS Citation rear sight

Post by schatzperson »

Yes Mike I was referring to the point of aim. I think you are right, its should not be too difficult to mount a rear sight on the frame.

However, my eyesight is not what it used to be, so I am might go for a red dot on the barrel.

I thought of using an "8" clamp ( mount with 2 holes, one for barrel and one for scope). This way I wont have to drill and tap the barrel.

For sight, I might get an Ultradot or maybe a Millet Zoom Dot. ( If I can get somebody to tell me if the Millet is any good for bullseye!).

Thanks for your input Mike, much appreciated. I live on Malta, in the middle of nowhere. we are just starting Bullseye here and there is so much to learn, so many questions to ask!
Best Regards,
Vincent