Up and Running!

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Miked

Up and Running!

Post by Miked »

It's been quite some months since I posted here, but our small bore pistol team is up and running. We've had the donation of a High Standard "The Victor" (ML serial number!), we've affiliated with the CMP, and people are having a good time learning and shooting. The official name of the group is the "P. A. Mosey Memorial Shooting Club" (Phoebe Ann Mosey, married Frank Butler...). There are four more members, one from 50+ miles away -- and yes, Randy, we ARE going to come to see you one of these days.

The pistols are Ruger Mk II and III target, Browning Buck Mark, and the High Standard. One of the new people has a Beretta. We have sufficient ammunition to meet our needs for the next couple of months as well.

Lordy, but I'm tired!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Build it and they will come!
Misny

Post by Misny »

Good on ya! It's good also that you have enough folks with an open mind about firearms, to be interested. I hope that as some lose interest, others will find a new sport!
Miked

Post by Miked »

One who started dropped out, worried about the holding the weight of the pistol with wrists damaged by a fall from a pogo stick a couple years ago and carpal tunnel. After she considered it she became our "Official Scorer, Whose Word Is Law."

Last Tuesday morning we went to the town's new indoor range and shot for an hour. I used the "new" High Standard and fired 177/200, 1X on the first relay and 176/200, 2X on the second using Aguila Golden Eagle ammunition (I bought what I could find). No one scored higher, but the other scores ranged from 117 to 149/200 in the first relay and 110 to 147/200 in the second. There were 3 X's in the first and 2 in the second relays, all shooting was a 50 feet using B2 and B3 targets.

The owner of the range demonstrated two full-auto weapons for a commercial they were shooting. The silhouette target was nicked on the left side by the forty rounds fired. Knowing the owner and deciding to tease him a bit and sent the target back out to 21 feet and emptied a magazine into the head of the silhouette. I brought it in, wrote "Speed's fine, but accuracy's final" next to it, and sent it back out for him to find.

Our whole group had a big laugh out of it.
raydj

contact info

Post by raydj »

I'd like to contact the Mosey group. Please e-mail me: ray at rcarter dot net.

thanks

Post by Guest »

Ray, I don't think that the email you gave will work.
Shooting Bloke

Post by Shooting Bloke »

FULL AUTO, for a commercial? What exactly are they advertising?
Steve Swartz as Guest

Post by Steve Swartz as Guest »

Maybe they were advertising "Come to our range and shoot a fully automatic weapon?"

Every time I go to Las Vegas see ads for full auto shooting ranges advertised on TV.

Hmmmm . . . Thompson or Uzi?

Last time it cost me $1 a round to shoot the Thompson. Should've bought one when I had the chance . . .

Steve