Tips on fitting anotomical grips..please

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

southerncomforthemi

Tips on fitting anotomical grips..please

Post by southerncomforthemi »

Hi..some time ago I read an excellent detailed article in how to custom fit anatomical grips...

Just got some rinks...great but they need some adjusting to fit my hand.

Anybody does this or have a link to the article

Or best tools to use...
dam8

Post by dam8 »

Tools needed... Dremel with drum sander, and ball burr grinder. Stippling set from Brownells ( I use a dremel engraver) to re texture dremeled areas. And that's it!
Continually grasp the grip and remove pressure points. Keep in mind your goal is to have as much contact between hand and grip.
Hope this helps. I've done 4 grips so far and am very happy with the results.
dlb

Post by dlb »

I think that the attached file is what you're looking for.

This may be the article Daryl Szarenski that's often mentioned, but it's not signed so I'm not sure of who'd written it.
Attachments
vlastni_rukojet.pdf
(248.28 KiB) Downloaded 612 times

Post by Guest »

thanks....you are a genius for finding this.....really great...
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Best cutters in your Dremel are Dremel's 'Structured Tooth Tungsten Carbide Cutters'. Part No. 9936 and 9935 will do all you need, leave a really good finish and get where drum sanders can't. These cutters are expensive (in rip-off New Zealand anyway!), but should outlive any of us, if reserved for use on wood.

Stippling is easy with tiny ball-ended burrs (be nice to your dentist). Just peck away at the wood. Then use a stiff wire brush in the Dremel to get rid of the 'hairiness' caused by stippling.

Do it outside - the dust gets everywhere (and up your nose, which you certainly don't want!).
Rover

Post by Rover »

You can get rasps in various shapes to fit your cordless drill at any hardware store. I prefer the elongated one with the rounded end. It's about the size of the 1st two joints of your little finger.

They are only a few bucks. The finish they leave is a little rough, perfect for grip. They take off the wood at about the right rate, too.