IZH35M DOUBLE-FIRE ISSUE

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ACTUM-LIBERO

IZH35M DOUBLE-FIRE ISSUE

Post by ACTUM-LIBERO »

Hi group,

my baikal Pistol ( IZH35M) has double fire issues, I believe the problem is with the head spacing of the bolt mechanism or metal fatigue due to peening of the barrel's breach from slide hammering. my pistol works well with remington target ammo (std velocity) I never get doubles with it. any other ammo will cause the problem to occur very frecuently. I review the breach area of my Izzy and it looks like the left side of the breach is beginning to deform a little.
I understand that this condition is due to the fact that the russian ammo has a much thinner case, and the gun was design for that ammo.
does anyone knows what the right method of head spacing adjustment is?do I need to modify the bolt or the breach area. I have read of many complains about this issue, but I have not been able to find a clear solution or correction method to follow.
Thank you in advance for your help.
jbshooter

headspace

Post by jbshooter »

I had the same problem and fixed it by manually dressing the bolt face back by about 0.2mm with small grinding and dremel attachments. It's a good thing that this fix works because the gun (KSP200) is one of the best shooters I have ever shot.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I have a 35 that's starting to show peening on the breech face as well. It does double occasionally, w/ certain ammo. But the behavior is erratic.

jb: I hadn't considered dressing the bolt face, but that might be a suitable last ditch effort. Is that an idea you'd come up with yourself, or something that was recommended to you?