Opinions on Marlin 2000

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Opinions on Marlin 2000

Post by Guest »

I've been looking around for a competition style gun and they are all expensive (I'm sure you know). I don't compete yet, but I'd like to start playing around with the style of shooting.

So I see these Marlin 2000's, but I don't see that many so I don't know how popular they are or if they are any good. How accurate, any accessories, trigger work needed, smooth action.

Are they a good starter gun? What can I expect? The 2 guns I'm looking at are abou 350.00. 1 is a single shot and has Anschutz sights and the other has the standard lyman sights, but it has a magazine and something called a biathilon kit.

FYI I've also been looking at the Kimber 82 G, but I'm not sure I want a single shot gun.

Thanks in advance.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I had a marlin 2000L for a few years. It was actually surprisingtly accurate witht the right ammunition. At 100 yards it was shooting around 1" 5 shot groups consistently with Eley Match EPS. pretty good for a gun of that price and make. Basically this gun is just what you mentioned, a starter gun. It is NOT nearly in the same class as the high end and refined anschutz, feinwerkbau, etc. Not so much from accuracy (even though that would eventually prove to be a barrier) but by the limited adjustments in stock, overall weight/balance, etc. I remember shooting around 570 with it prone on a match rifle target, which is allright, not great but couldn't do too much better. Would reccomend it for a starter gun for sure though