FWB front sight inserts?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Timmy

FWB front sight inserts?

Post by Timmy »

Where can I locate a set of front sight inserts for a FWB 300S? I've looked at the Champion's Choice web-site and can't seem to find any (I'm on dial up, so it's been a rather direct search rather than scrolling through each and every page).

Thanks...
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Front sight inserts for the 300S are 16-mm. I cannot help you in your search in the US but they are available in the UK from Bedford target supplies and are a rose tint perspex. They are quite cheap and come in 0.5-mm increments. Mail order them.
Check Bedford Target Supplies on google.

Peeps
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Timmy
Slight amendment to my last post on 300-S inserts. The size increments are either 0.1-mm or 0.2-mm, can't remember, but its not 0.5-mm.
Sorry.

Peeps
M Sandiford

Post by M Sandiford »

Are you sure they are 16mm, Peepsight?

This page says 18mm: http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/fwb300inserts.htm

I've just bought some 18mm perspex inserts from Bedford Target Supplies, and I'm not totally sure they are correct. I emailed Bedford to check first and looked at the above page which states 18mm. However they are an odd fit - the bit that you screw in at the rear of the foresight, to hold the insert in place, protrudes a few mm. If as you say they should be 16mm, that would explain it.

Edit to add: Bedford don't appear to list 16mm inserts on their website.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Hi

My Anschutz 18-mm inserts are too big for My old 300-S and comparing the 2 side by side the 300-S inserts were a smaller in diameter. I have just measured some of my old 300-S inserts and they are 16-mm in diameter. City Air Weapons i do believe have some.

I think it is the 'shoulder' of the insert that is larger to snap into the screw in tunnel but the bit you look through when in place is 16-mm.

I guess Bedford Target supplies no longer carry this size but it was about 20 years ago when i bought them. Metal elements are still available for the 300-S.

Peeps
M Sandiford

Post by M Sandiford »

Ah right, thanks. I've just measured the metal insert that came with my rifle, and the diameter edge to edge (not the "ears") is 16mm too.

The 18mm perspex elements fit but leave about 3mm of screw thread protruding from the rear. So far it's working fine as far as shooting goes, but it's probably not ideal. I'll give City Air Weapons a call.
talladega

Re: FWB front sight inserts?

Post by talladega »

Timmy wrote:Where can I locate a set of front sight inserts for a FWB 300S? I've looked at the Champion's Choice web-site and can't seem to find any (I'm on dial up, so it's been a rather direct search rather than scrolling through each and every page).

Thanks...
If you are in U.S. and can't find any place that sells them, a guy here in Canada deals with Feinwerkbau stuff.

http://targets.ca/index.asp?Page=1

no online ordering but a phone call should get you what you need.
Raymac

Sight inserts.....

Post by Raymac »

I am the manufacturer of plastic sight inserts.
They are available in the following sizes.....

Old style Walther .626” 15.9mm
Anschutz, new Walther, FWB, Steyr etc. .676” 17.3mm
Redfield International .733” 18.6mm

They are normally sold in sets of ten inserts with a rotary holder.
You can contact me directly at mcdougall.imports@shaw.ca and I will send you the information.

Ray