Czech Match Pellet, how good is it?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AlexE

Czech Match Pellet, how good is it?

Post by AlexE »

May I know if anyone is familiar with the Josef Schulz Bohumin (JSB) match pellets from Czech Republic? My daughter is one of the elite youth shooters in my country and I think the shooting association is considering standardizing on this brand for the youth shooters.

Would be very greatful for feedback for or against. Thanks
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Hi
I use JSB pellets [S100] in my Walther LG-300 XT and i find them as good as H+N Finale Match and RWS R-10. The bonus is they are cheaper here in the UK than the German brands.
There are 2 choices of air rifle pellet, one is in the yellow/orange tin and are 0.520 g. The other is the S100 in a blue tin and are 0.535 g.
Both are available in different sizes. I shoot 4.49 in my Walther.
You have a choice of weights and sizes.
From a bench rest group test they will both give a tight one hole group.

Thomas Farnik broke his first world record with JSB using the Steyr LG-10.

Peeps
Rover

Post by Rover »

Testing them in air pistols I have found them to be excellent pellets, at least as good as any I tried.

The price in the US is a bit high, but no higher than other top of the line pellets. For that reason I like RWS Basic and Hobby pellets at less than half the price, which have proven to be very good in pistols I tried them in.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Hi Rover
JSB market an air pistol pellet in a green tin, but they make no mention of the pellets weight. Air pistol pellets are usually slightly lighter than the air rifle pellets at around 0.48 g. However, many of the air pistol shooters i have seen use the JSB air rifle pellets, especially the 0.520 g from the yellow tin. I think since air pistols are now running on compressed air they have a slightly higher velocity than older designs thus the lighter air pistol pellets may not be so necessary.

Peeps
AlexE

Post by AlexE »

peepsight wrote:Hi Rover
JSB market an air pistol pellet in a green tin, but they make no mention of the pellets weight. Air pistol pellets are usually slightly lighter than the air rifle pellets at around 0.48 g. However, many of the air pistol shooters i have seen use the JSB air rifle pellets, especially the 0.520 g from the yellow tin. I think since air pistols are now running on compressed air they have a slightly higher velocity than older designs thus the lighter air pistol pellets may not be so necessary.

Peeps
Guys, the distributor here in my country specifies that their match pellets come in three tin colors the Blue tin (S100) contains pellets of 0.535gm. The Orange tin contains pellets of 0.520gm. Both mentioned pellets come in 4.48 to 4.52mm head diameters with increments of 0.01mm.

The Green tin comes in two weight choices, 0.500gm in 4.51 & 4.52mm diameter while the lighter weight of 0.475gm come in 4.48, 4.49 & 4.50mm diameter.

From the weight ranges available I guess they are are positioning Green tin for Pistol with its short barrel time, while Orange & Blue tins are aimed for the rifle shooters to handle the relatively stronger PCP velocities.

Best Regards to you.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Peepsight, I used the Green pellets in my K58 Pardini, but the heavy S100's in my CO2 K60. The Green because they were light and the other because I had some.

When I run out of both I'll probably use RWS Hobby for its accuracy and low price. I have been surprised how many of my guns over the years shot the Hobby pellets extremely well. I would use the really cheap RWS Basic, but they are not quite as accurate (still one hole and I shot a 573 with them the other night). Go figure!
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Rover
Some guys at my club shoot great scores with the 'Hobby' and your score of 573 is really excellent. Don't change the formula.

Peeps