Advice on upgrade?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

topshot11

Advice on upgrade?

Post by topshot11 »

I currently have an Anschutz 1807 which I've had a couple of years and has served me faithfully. However, I've started 3p and I'm looking for something new. What should I be looking at? (any suggestions, reviews expecially ;))
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

The 1807 incorparates a 54 action does it not? If so you allready have a pretty solid base (barreled action) so it could be an option just to replace the stock. There are some really nice stocks made for this gun from several different companies. They are quite expensive, but may be a good route as opposed to buying a complete new gun.

Personally though I use a feinwerkabu 2700 and love it. Very refined, accurate, adjustable, etc. I did not like the factory sights or butplate it came with but have since replaced them. Would definately recommend this gun though!
little_doodie

Post by little_doodie »

+1
The 1807 is the 54 action and it is the same action as todays rifles.
it has the lighter weight barrel but that is actually a plus.
there are many options for that rifle.
I would upgrade the stock and run with that.
topshot11

Post by topshot11 »

is it possible to replace the cheek piece as well?
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

The cheek piece is part of the stock so if you upgraded just the stock then pick the one you like best with the right cheek piece.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

little_doodie, why do you consider a lighter barrel is a plus?
little_doodie

Post by little_doodie »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:little_doodie, why do you consider a lighter barrel is a plus?
If my memory serves me it has a 20mm barral instead of a 25mm on the 1813 of the same vintage.
The difference between 20mm and 25mm has no effect on accuracy and its very easy to add weight where you need it to ballace the rifle correctly.

If you upgrade the stock to something similar to the 1912 or use the 2213 stock it will be an all out free rifle with all of today's toys.
There are many stock avalable today.