Feinwerkbau 2000

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Shooting Kiwi

Feinwerkbau 2000

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

I know the current FWB smallbore rifles are well-respected and perform well, but what about their predecessor, the model 2000? Were they successful? How do they compare with Anschutz of similar vintage? And now the real question... should I consider buying one?
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Agh! You're not watching that one too are you? I have a bid on it, lol
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Wheels (just for you)

I have it on good authority that the 2000 is a disaster! No good at all. Don't waste your money.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:Wheels (just for you)

I have it on good authority that the 2000 is a disaster! No good at all. Don't waste your money.
Haha! You're good!!
Now I have the dilema of deciding whether you're putting me off or giving me more sound advice. ;)

Pete
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

I had one and it was a very nice rifle. I remember I took it to the waitakere club on a saturday to give it a go. I had a few sighters then shot a card. 100.6 was the first card out of it.

Unfortunately the rifle wasn't as consistent on all future targets :)

It is quite a big stock so it was good for me at 6'2.

Jason
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Wow! Auction went for NZ$3040. Blew me out of the water.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =217916987
Martin Catley

Post by Martin Catley »

Had a new club member looking at it too would have blown him out of the water too!!
Martin
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

Hmm, thats a lot of money..

I sold mine to a junior at our club for $800 NZD as that was his budget and I thought I would be charitable On the provision that he didn't just turn around and sell it at a profit. He stopped shooting soon afterwards and his dad uses it now which is ok.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so charitable now I need a new jacket at $1400 :-o
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I know how it is Jason, the money tree just doesn't seem to be in bloom right now.

I wasn't going to be surprised if that rifle went for $2k but $3k?? I was rather embarassed about my bid, lol.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Crikey!

We had a broadband 'outage' (Telecom's euphemism for a stuff-up?) over the latter stages of the auction - probably just as well, or the neighbours would have complained about the howls of incredulity!

Anyway, even though it's not currently relevant, the question remains: are they any good? (You guessed correctly, Wheelz, about the reliability of my 'good authority' opinion!). Are they $3,000 good?

Anyone in NZ want to sell me a pristine BSA International Mk3? (No, not for $3,000!)
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

Yep, they are still good rifles. If you find one I would get it, depending on the price of course.

It shot good groups and the trigger was nice. Make sure you get a copy of a manual or else its difficult to make changes to the trigger.

Is it worth $3k? Hard to say, I am sure you could get one cheaper if you were prepared to wait. I replaced mine with a system gemini and a anschutz barreled action with stainless barrel. I just priced it all up and today its worth near $9k nzd. Its certainly not 3x better, nor have my scores gone up 3x but its adjustable to the max and I certainly saw an improvement. It's nice when you can snuggle up with the rifle and it feels just about perfect. I am talking about on the range, of course :)

Jason
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Haha! I was about to ask if you were married. ;)
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

Yes, I am not married, and no I am not allowed to have it in the bedroom by myself :)
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

Whoops, yes I am married. Yes I have had some wine :)