Target height for 3-diagram targets?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jason

Target height for 3-diagram targets?

Post by Jason »

ISSF rules say that the center of a 50 metre target must be 75 cm from the floor/ground (6.3.9).

Does this also apply to multi-diagram targets, like the NRA A-50/51 or SFC 151 targets? If so, does that mean the center of the bottom row of diagrams should be 75 cm high, or should the middle row be 75 cm high? Or the top?

Rule 6.3.9 also says there can be a fudge factor of +/- 50 cm (which is quite a lot), but I'm asking because I'm building my own target stand and want to make sure it's as close to the majority of stands on other ranges. Thanks!

Jason
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I think it's the middle that's around the 75cm mark, but I can't remember exactly. It certainly sounds about right comparing those heights to when I shot over the w/e on two different 50m ranges.

Rob.
Jason

Post by Jason »

That would seem to make the most sense -- right now I have it set so the bottom row are centred at 75 cm, but that seems high.

I think I'll cut the tubes down so the middle row's at 75 cm. I'm hoping to get out to the range this weekend (if the rain holds off -- our range isn't covered).

And when I'm done with the stand I'll post pictures for everyone to see.

Jason