is there any hope?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sha3banov

is there any hope?

Post by sha3banov »

from 3 days ago i lost my performance in AP and i'm now afraid from world cup ( milan). i'll be there. what can i do now? what is the reasons at what happened to me ....my best score in AP it was 570 from two years ago and i have never get it agen? maybe i have 568 or 566 but from the three days ago almost is 559 , 560 or 562, not more at all !! can any one tell me what can i do now please????
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

sha3banov:

Please tell me a little bit about your training plan and schedule and I will try to provide some useful ideas . . .

Steve
sha3banov

Post by sha3banov »

Steve Swartz wrote:sha3banov:

Please tell me a little bit about your training plan and schedule and I will try to provide some useful ideas . . .

Steve
by easy way i shot al pistol event ( AP-FP-STP-CFP ) that all year .
but in some case like now world cup or CISM i must to concentrate in a few events ( now AP & FP ). SO I start from two weeks ago on AP & FP .
3 days for AP ( 80-100 SHOT\DAY) & 3 days FP (75 SHOT/DAY).
maybe i have problem ( pull trigger-AP )
in FP ( holding my aiming ) can u help me?
Steve Swartz as Guest

Post by Steve Swartz as Guest »

What specifically are you doing during your training sessions?

What kind of training are you doing?

How specifically are you spending your time?

Are you shooting under match conditions or . . . . ?

Steve Swartz

(also we will need to quickly get to "What is your shooting plan, second by second, from the moment after you fire your previous shot?")
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

My coach always used to say to me "Performance is temporary, ability is permanent".

It obviously is not strictly true but what he was trying to say was that you don't become a bad shooter overnight.

Even those at the top of the sport have "off" periods. They have just learned how to restore their confidence quickly. It's that confidence that brings good performance. You expect, not just hope, that the shot will be a 10.

What used to work for me was to simply concentrate on one aspect of my shooting. It might be your balance, or your sights or (as in my case) your trigger release. If you've previously put in the training hours then you don't need to worry about the other aspects of shooting, they'll look after themselves.

Performance is temporary, ability is permanent.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

David Levene wrote:My coach always used to say to me "Performance is temporary, ability is permanent".

It obviously is not strictly true but what he was trying to say was that you don't become a bad shooter overnight.

. . . . . Performance is temporary, ability is permanent.
Very good, David, I never heard that before!
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Freepistol wrote:
David Levene wrote:My coach always used to say to me "Performance is temporary, ability is permanent".

. . . . . Performance is temporary, ability is permanent.
Very good, David, I never heard that before![/quote ]

well,if this is in fact true,and I have no reason to doubt it,being a reasonable fellow,then I'm screwed !!! (big honking smilie goes here ) I was always hoping for a touch more ability, on which to build the occasional stunningly temporary performance !
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

In addition to David's great advice I would add not to overtrain. Training more when you're in a dip will probably make things worse. I would advise you put the gun(s) down for at least a few days and do some mental preparation including positive self talk (affirmation) - whatever you want to call it. Prior to heading off to the big comp, again don't shoot for a few days before travelling. Relax a little, and remind yourself how good you are. Keeping in a positive state of mind is probably the most important thing to work on.

And don't forget to enjoy yourself !

Rob.
Guest FP

Is there any hope?

Post by Guest FP »

Sorry, it appears that is No hope for you :(

First, 570 is not is not measured as an excellent score for international level, so you do not need to be worry too much by loosing something.

Second. AP-FP-STP-CFP....too much distractions. Get one thing rigt AP or FP first.

Third. Start from Fundamentals.... Problem is there!

Fourth. Get some rest of target shooting....two weeks at least ... it will help you to forget about unpleasant performance.

Fith. Raise you goal in AP toward 585. Start develop plan to score 585, when eventually you will make it done…You will never loose confidence in yourself how to score 575 in any difficult conditions.
sha3banov

Post by sha3banov »

Steve Swartz as Guest wrote:What specifically are you doing during your training sessions??
what can i say to you :(

I do not have the specific training plan!!
Steve Swartz as Guest wrote:What kind of training are you doing?
alittel dry shootin & afew min holding. then starting shooting.
(yoga - meditation ) not too much.
Steve Swartz as Guest wrote:How specifically are you spending your time?
i tray to holding as much possible the sight in aiming area.
Steve Swartz as Guest wrote:Are you shooting under match conditions or . . . . ?
or... free traning ( but there some a locle Competitions. generally i'm a winner in CFP.

Steve Swartz
Steve Swartz as Guest wrote:(also we will need to quickly get to "What is your shooting plan, second by second, from the moment after you fire your previous shot?")
I'm trying to describe exactly what i do.
1- Take a deep inhalation when go up. (( by pistol:) ))
2- hold breathe.
3- go dwon ( now i take the first stage weight ).until the meddle of the black circle.
4- look to the sight inside the black circle.(take the Second stage Weight.)
5- wating the shot go out.
6- Follow.

And don't forget to enjoy yourself !
thank you very much.

Second. AP-FP-STP-CFP....too much distractions. Get one thing rigt AP or FP first.

Third. Start from Fundamentals.... Problem is there!

Fourth. Get some rest of target shooting....two weeks at least ... it will help you to forget about unpleasant performance.

Fith. Raise you goal in AP toward 585. Start develop plan to score 585, when eventually you will make it done…You will never loose confidence in yourself how to score 575 in any difficult conditions.
i'll do that Literally. thank you. but
don't say to me (Sorry, it appears that is No hope for you ) pleas,
it Makes me depressed.
Guest AP

It appears that is hope for you :)

Post by Guest AP »

It appears that is hope for you :))

"don't say to me (Sorry, it appears that is No hope for you ) pleas,
it Makes me depressed."

OK. Do not get depressed.
Buy new gun and you will be just fine!
Guest ZZ

i'll do that Literally????

Post by Guest ZZ »

"i'll do that Literally"
What makes you think THIS recommendation may be helpful for you?
What if I do this for reason to fool you? Or for reason to make some one believe in my words.... if no actual value on it.
Are you willing to make your international performance depended from forum????

If you think in this way .... it is real reason to Make you depressed!!!!
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

This is a funny thread, not sure if it is for real or not.

But it never hurts to get your eyes checked by an eye doctor.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

sha3banov wrote:
David Levene wrote:"Performance is temporary, ability is permanent"
i don't understand destination.
What it means is that you don't suddenly become a bad shooter. You might not be performing as well as you normally would but that is only a temporary problem. It doesn't take much to get back to normal.
sha3banov

Re: It appears that is hope for you :)

Post by sha3banov »

Guest AP wrote:It appears that is hope for you :))

"don't say to me (Sorry, it appears that is No hope for you ) pleas,
it Makes me depressed."

OK. Do not get depressed.
Buy new gun and you will be just fine!
my AP is LP10 !!
Are you willing to make your international performance depended from forum????

If you think in this way .... it is real reason to Make you depressed!!!!!
why not?? i can use what help me !!
David Levene wrote:What it means is that you don't suddenly become a bad shooter. You might not be performing as well as you normally would but that is only a temporary problem. It doesn't take much to get back to normal.
I feel much better now. thank you..
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Please let us know how it goes in Milan. Particularly how you remained positive, enjoyed it, and performed well.

Rob.
Steve Swartz as Guest

Post by Steve Swartz as Guest »

Sha3:

Looks like some "obvious" things can be ruled out; however, as others have noted, a suspicion lies that you are not paying attention to one of the "fundamentals" as well as you may have in the past.

I note that in your training description and shot plan you don't seem to have anything specifically related to

- Focus on the front sight (physical and mental focus)
- Concentrate on sight alignment

A performance slump of this magnitude, at your level, can be (is commonly) caused by a loss of focus on front sight/concentration on alignment. One of the most common forms of "backsliding" for some folks is to *think* they are concentrating on sight alignment, but fatigue or inattention they are actually trying to align rear sight, front sight, and target.

I would recommend you dedicate some training time and effort specifically on maintaining sight alignment during trigger manipulations (dry fire is best; specifically at a neutral surface).

I know this sounds like an "obvious" thing to do . . . but in lieu of actually seeing you shoot it's the best I can do at the moment. And, frankly, the advice to "Focus on Fundamentals" is *always* good advice . . .

What does your coach think?

Steve
Guest ZEE

why not??

Post by Guest ZEE »

"my AP is LP10 !!"
it is no limits of perfection.... get the second one and start making more holes in the paper.

"why not?? i can use what help me !! "
No you can't! Because three of five points recommended for you above had the placebo effect and for other two you need few years of smart work with professional coach.

"I feel much better now. thank you.." this is what you mostly can get by Wasting your Time.
sha3banov

Re: why not??

Post by sha3banov »

Guest ZEE wrote:"my AP is LP10 !!"
it is no limits of perfection.... get the second one and start making more holes in the paper.

"why not?? i can use what help me !! "
No you can't! Because three of five points recommended for you above had the placebo effect and for other two you need few years of smart work with professional coach.

"I feel much better now. thank you.." this is what you mostly can get by Wasting your Time.
what exactly do you want from me to do it at this time?
Guest ZEE

You have to be more creative next time :)

Post by Guest ZEE »

At this time …. Nothing you can do about …
On the future …., you have to direct those questions to your coach… person who knows your level of performance.
You ask silly question and you get same response…. You have to be more creative next time