Looking for air rifle comps in SF Bay Area

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TexaCali

Looking for air rifle comps in SF Bay Area

Post by TexaCali »

Olympic, Field Target, doesn't matter - just looking for some air rifle events in my area (I'm in San Jose, CA). Even a club/casual meet would be good - but unfortunately I don't know any other airgunners in my area.

BTW - currently I'm shooting an R9 and an AA S410E, both scoped. Would love to have an Olympic 10M rifle (even an FWB 300 would be nice) but unless I can find someplace to shoot besides my back yard I don't see it happening.

Any pointers appreciated.

Post by Guest »

There are monthly air silhouette matches at Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club.
http://www.sunnyvalegunclub.com/activities/[/url]
checkenbach

Post by checkenbach »

USI in Concord hosts 10M club matches, field target, air rifle, and air pistol silhouette. We just started doing air rifle 3P along with .22 rimfire bullseye, lots of fun.
Quest1

Re: Looking for air rifle comps in SF Bay Area

Post by Quest1 »

TexaCali wrote:Olympic, Field Target, doesn't matter - just looking for some air rifle events in my area (I'm in San Jose, CA). Even a club/casual meet would be good - but unfortunately I don't know any other airgunners in my area.

BTW - currently I'm shooting an R9 and an AA S410E, both scoped. Would love to have an Olympic 10M rifle (even an FWB 300 would be nice) but unless I can find someplace to shoot besides my back yard I don't see it happening.

Any pointers appreciated.
The USA Shooting Website has a list of clubs in California that you can an make some inquires. http://www.usashooting.com/clubState.php?id=CA. Call there are clubs on both the NRA and USA Shooting Website that aren't very active or is not active at all. The Lincoln Club is probably the most active club in California. You might want to check with the Prado Range that was part of the Olympics in the 80s.

The NRA website has similar information.
TexaCali

Post by TexaCali »

Thanks everyone!

I'll prob try the Sunnyvale club first since that is closest to me.