Sanderson Captures Rapid Fire Gold in Beijing

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USA Shooting

Sanderson Captures Rapid Fire Gold in Beijing

Post by USA Shooting »

BEIJING, China (April 22, 2009) – Keith Sanderson (San Antonio, Texas), a 2008 Olympian, claimed the gold medal in the Men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event at the 2009 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup in Beijing today. Sanderson won the gold on the same range where he finished in fifth place at the 2008 Olympic Games in the same event.

Sanderson entered the final round in first place after shooting a match score of 584 points and maintained his lead through the final to finish on top of the podium after firing 196.5 points in the final, finishing with an overall score of 780.5 points.

“I had memories of the Olympic Games going through my mind,” Sanderson said following his match. “I have been replaying the Olympic final and these targets so many times after the Games that I still remember them. I had so many things going through my head today, but I am happy I was able to win the gold medal.”

This is Sanderson’s second medal of the 2009 ISSF World Cup series, having won the silver in Men’s Rapid Fire on April 14 in Changwon, Korea. Sanderson’s only other ISSF World Cup medal to date was at the 2007 Munich World Cup where he claimed the bronze and an Olympic quota spot.

India’s Vijay Kumar climbed up from fourth place to win the silver medal today with 780.4 points. Teruyoshi Akimata of Japan earned the bronze medal climbing from sixth to third place with an overall score of 777.5 points.

The Men’s 50m 3 Position Rifle qualification and final will close out the 2009 Rifle/Pistol World Cup in Beijing on Thursday, April 23.

For updated news and results during the ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup in Beijing, please visit ISSF's website at www.issf-sports.org.

Mary Beth Vorwerk

USA Shooting

Media and Public Relations Manager

719-866-4896

www.usashooting.org