SCUBA K->DIN O-Rings

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Oz

SCUBA K->DIN O-Rings

Post by Oz »

There's a lot of talk about how to care for high-pressure pistols/rifles. Many believe it is important to remove the pressure cylinders from their pistols/rifles in order to extend o-ring and mechanical life. The LP10 manual mentions nothing about removal at any time, while others have mentioned that some manuals do say to remove the cylinders if it will not be used for a specific time-frame or longer.

What about the SCUBA K->DIN adapter? Just curious if anyone removes that from their tank on a regular basis? I refill my two cylinders every two nights, it doesn't seem reasonable. There would certainly be some negative impact on constantly un-tightening and tightening the K->Din adapter on the tanks just as their would on the cylinders on pistols and rifles, isn't there?

Has anyone personally seen a K-DIN adapter seal fail? The seals in that adapter do NOT appear to be user serviceable.

Oz
Philadelphia

Post by Philadelphia »

O-Rings are wear items and are not expensive.

Stock some spares and don't lose any sleep over it.

Maybe I don't understand your question about the DIN adapter but there would never seem to be any reason to routinely remove the DIN adapter from your SCUBA yolk. Removing the yolk from the tank's K valve doesn't wear anything.

The O-ring on the SCUBA tank's K valve is most certainly replacable and for actual SCUBA diving must be visually checked prior to each dive. They get replaced routinely if it doesn't look perfect. Again, not an expensive part.

Cheers.