Event - Air rifle match in Chicago Il area

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pal177

Event - Air rifle match in Chicago Il area

Post by pal177 »

Please feel free to send this along to other shooters.

The Wheaton (Illinois) Rifle Club is holding it's annual air rifle match on April 24 & 26, 2009

It is 60 shots, 10 meters, NRA International rules, standing position, iron sights only, unless you are in the oldest Senior category. (We are trying to tempt everyone to come and shoot! :^)
Fired in 20 shot strings, in 35 minutes, at AR5/10 targets.
Five-shot Finals just for fun after the 60 shot match.

Seniors born 1940 or older will be allowed riflescopes instead of iron sights. All Seniors (1950 & older) are allowed jackets with straps, instead of button closures. Senior (SR1 & SR2) scope &/or strap jacket shooters can only win their age group award.

Relays are Friday the 24th at 7:30 pm, and Sunday the 26th at 9 am and 1 pm. (We could run a Saturday evening relay if there is demand).

Fee is $10.

Awards: Match Winner; high score in each of the 5 classifications, 3 Jr ages, 2 Sr ages, & each Final.

The Wheaton Club is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, at 27W070 North Avenue (Route 64) West Chicago, Illinois. Map available on request, or search MapQuest.

To enter, or for more details, please email Paula Lambertz at pal177 @ att "dot" net .
wrc

Post by wrc »

little bump to top ...

and a question -

would anyone reading this be more likely to attend if this were a USA Shooting registered (approved? whatever name they give it) match, instead of just an un-associated match? We've made it an NRA match in the past but attendance never increased. Thanks!
Duderacer99

Post by Duderacer99 »

Yes. Give our club a shout. Depere Sportmans Club. Do a google serch and contact the Jr Shooters

Post by Guest »

RE: More likely to attend if USAS-sanctioned? Nope. Unlikely to attend if USAS membership was REQUIRED to participate? Big yes! Don't know what USAS requirements are (no USAS matches in my area) so I don't intend this to be a complaint against USAS, but having USAS sanction adds nothing for me.

BTW: NRA recently removed its membership requirment in order to participate in Registered matches, a move that was long overdue.