Starting out with a 1911

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Lammy1000

Post by Lammy1000 »

I think it is a shame that a fairly young shooter as myself that has incredible respect for shooting sports and a touch of natural ability will not be shooting centerfire anytime soon due the cost of an accurized 1911. Still amazed...accurizing a 1911 to the level needed is like making a rock crawler out of an all wheel drive Subaru. I will bitch no more.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Lammy1000 wrote:I think it is a shame that a fairly young shooter as myself that has incredible respect for shooting sports and a touch of natural ability will not be shooting centerfire anytime soon due the cost of an accurized 1911. Still amazed...accurizing a 1911 to the level needed is like making a rock crawler out of an all wheel drive Subaru. I will bitch no more.
While TRUE, you have to remember what the military's purpose for a pistol is (now), and what we do with them. For the Military, the pistol is the weapon of last resort, and we shoot at 2 inch circles at 50 yards. Rifles are made for accuracy, pistols are made for reliability.

Not that this will make you feel much better.

Later

Mike
Wichita KS