Steyr LP 10 ELECTRONIC

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Veso

Steyr LP 10 ELECTRONIC

Post by Veso »

Today I learned that STAER will produce a new air pistol LP10E.
Is someone heard about it ?
Got a photo but nothing more.
From the picture shows that has changed the end of barrel.

psf32

Post by psf32 »

A pic of the new trigger and grip from IWA
Attachments
DSC00479.jpg
jipe

Post by jipe »

This time it seems serious. Its is announced on http://www.euroshooting.eu by Miroslav Varga who is somebody we can trust.

There is both an LP10E and LP50E announced with a delivery date for the LP10E = July 2009: http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php ... etail=1789
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

The big question: is steyr lp10 mechanical upgradable...? (hight price for sure: new grip + new trigger = more or less half pistol value...)
j-team

Post by j-team »

Hope they test it more thouroghly than Pardini did before putting it on the market!
jipe

Post by jipe »

There will obviously also be a LP50E:

If they put the same trigger on the LP50E and LP10E, it will be a major improvement for the LP50.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Just recently bought a LP10 with absorber/ ball bearing trigger.

The new electronic LP10 would be 250euro (325 U.S. dollars) more than mechanical LP10. That would probably make it the most expensive match air pistol.

Mechanical LP10 is pretty much recoil-less. How would electronic LP10 improve on the trigger vs. mechanical trigger?

Would electronic LP10 eventually outsell mechanical LP10 just like Morini 163e outsell 163m?

But mechanical LP10 is much, much better than mechanical 163 though.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Don't know why people would want a LP10E - IMHO the question is, can the LP5(0) be converted... right now, the 5 shot Steyr (when will people learn to spell that correctly?) suffers from its dismal trigger - an E-version could be a true all-around AP, which would be a good thing for all the five-shot events - I know a lot of people who don't want to buy two different pistols...
jipe

Post by jipe »

The feeling of an electronic trigger (at least the existing one) is different that the one of a mechanical trigger. Is it better, I do not think so, it is just different = a question of taste.

So I hope that Steyr like Morini will keep the mechanical and electronic triggers for the LP10.

For the LP50, its another story. Like Tycho says, the trigger is the main point (with the reaction induced by the motion of the magazine) that makes that the LP50 is not so good to shoot precision. If the LP50 receives the same electronic trigger as the LP10, then the LP50 will become a quite universal pistol usable for all AP events.

So, I think that the release of the electronic trigger is much more important for the LP50 than for the LP10.
Veso

Post by Veso »

Yes jipe !
In a mine opinion you have explained very cool essential of electronic trigger.
I don't like Morini's "E" trigger - as you say "a question of taste", but for me LP10 has amazing release force travel by mechanical trigger.
Now I'm shooting with LP50 and this pistol will be a great winner of this improvement. Maybe one pistol for all AP events.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

Oh great, I just got my LP10 last week.Sold half of my digital camera gear which obsoletes itself very quickly to buy something that doesn't.Oh well it was nice having the top of the line for a week lol :) Anyway, looking at that LP50 above, I'm sure not keen on that battery access door on the side from an asthetics point of view.Also seems like it might kinda be a pain if you have to get to the batteries with inspection stickers plastered on top of it :)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

cloudswimmer wrote:Also seems like it might kinda be a pain if you have to get to the batteries with inspection stickers plastered on top of it :)
What ?! Don't put stickers over it then, there's plenty of other places to stick them. And who cares what the gun looks like, it's how it shoots that matters.

Rob.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

RobStubbs wrote:
cloudswimmer wrote:Also seems like it might kinda be a pain if you have to get to the batteries with inspection stickers plastered on top of it :)
What ?! Don't put stickers over it then, there's plenty of other places to stick them. And who cares what the gun looks like, it's how it shoots that matters.

Rob.
I have no intention at this time of getting competitive , so stickers won't be a problem for me, I was just curious because every match I've seen on ISSF tv, the competitors have stickers completely plastered over every square inch of the flat side of the grip."And who cares what the gun looks like?"Well as a long time collector of custom engraved firearms, which have gone to shows, won awards, and have been featured in several magazines, I very much care what a gun looks like, and so do others, even in the air pistol world.Witness the Barbara Mandrell custom LP1 as engraved by our host, or the custom engraved gold Steyr LP10 of worldclass shooter Jasna Sekaric.They obviously also care what the gun looks like :) I will be engraving mine as well after I am employed again :)

Chris

Last edited by cloudswimmer on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

. . . there goes the one competitive advantage morini had . . .
superstring

Post by superstring »

jipe wrote:..........

For the LP50, its another story. Like Tycho says, the trigger is the main point (with the reaction induced by the motion of the magazine) that makes that the LP50 is not so good to shoot precision. If the LP50 receives the same electronic trigger as the LP10, then the LP50 will become a quite universal pistol usable for all AP events.

So, I think that the release of the electronic trigger is much more important for the LP50 than for the LP10.
I hope this question isn't too OT. If a person, such as myself, who owns a LP5, learns to master the trigger and "shoot precision", does it mean if I were to "move up" to a LP10 or Morini with their superior triggers, I would have an edge or am I talking apples and oranges?
jipe

Post by jipe »

superstring wrote:
jipe wrote:..........

I hope this question isn't too OT. If a person, such as myself, who owns a LP5, learns to master the trigger and "shoot precision", does it mean if I were to "move up" to a LP10 or Morini with their superior triggers, I would have an edge or am I talking apples and oranges?
Well, we all do perfect shots... and also less perfect ones. I think a shooter will do more perfect shots with a better trigger.

Steve Swartz wrote:. . . there goes the one competitive advantage morini had . . .
Morini has a lot of experience with electronic triggers.

For Steyr, it is the first one, let see how it works and how reliable it is. It is difficult to be first time right !

It would also be interresting to know how it works, there are many ways to implement an electronic trigger. Did they put some innovative stuff in it ?

With the wire between the trigger assembly and electronic module inside the grip, the 3D grip adjustment of the LP10/LP50 should remain possible.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Steve Swartz wrote:. . . there goes the one competitive advantage morini had . . .
What competitive advantage?

Oh, yes, they are cheaper and have cylinders that last 20 years...
Oz

Post by Oz »

j-team wrote:What competitive advantage?

Oh, yes, they are cheaper and have cylinders that last 20 years...
LOL... you're implying that it's quality rather than policy determining the longevity of an air cylinder?

LP10 E is old news

Post by 556 »

Readers of this forum were informed about this new Steyr model months ago. Its existence was then denied by "someone"...
As was the upcoming new FP from Steyr.....
Ha!
RobStubbs

Re: LP10 E is old news

Post by RobStubbs »

556 wrote:Readers of this forum were informed about this new Steyr model months ago. Its existence was then denied by "someone"...
As was the upcoming new FP from Steyr.....
Ha!
They were 'informed' about it years ago, on numerous occasions. I think it's fair to say we pretty much new it was being developed, it was just a matter of when it became a product in reality, and that has just happened.

Rob.