Best Handstop

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jordan F.

Best Handstop

Post by Jordan F. »

Looking at getting a new handstop and can't decide between the gehmann, MEC, or anschutz models. Any comments on either of these?

Thanks in Advance!
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

My opinion is to go out and try as many as you can. The best one that there is, is the one that fits you the best. Everyone will have a different opinion due to how it fits them. I use a simple spool handstop from ESP and it fits and works great for me.

lax
coolcruiser

Re: Best Handstop

Post by coolcruiser »

My experience has led me to try the new MEC handstop. Just got it last week so no report from using it yet. I was looking to reduce the pain felt in my support hand from the sling across the back of my hand and the pressure in the web of my hand. My rifle is fairly heavy (FWB2602 with 24mm barrel). The factory handstop is a bit 'low profile' so the sling binds fairly snugly against the back of my hand. Also the shape is a bit wide so it presses against the bones of my support hand and can become uncomfortable over the course of a match. My glove is KT 'solid' which I find to be very good at providing support and isolation from some of the pressure points mentioned above. In the past I tried an AHG handstop for a while. I found it waaay too wide in my mid sized hand and it actually increased the discomfort in the web of my hand. From what is printed in Air Rifle Shooting, shooters may find a narrow handstop more comfortable/effective than a wide handstop.
CC
Jordan F. wrote:Looking at getting a new handstop and can't decide between the gehmann, MEC, or anschutz models. Any comments on either of these?

Thanks in Advance!