Antique Rifle Values

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

seemehaha

Antique Rifle Values

Post by seemehaha »

I have an acquaintance that has a winchester .22 that was given to him by his grandfather. It's 100+ years old and he was asking me if I knew where he could find out how much it might be worth. I only really know competitive shooting, so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions where to look (books, websites, etc) for a value estimate?
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Besides the usual bluebook values I find a good place to determine a pieces value is on Gunbroker. If you do an advanced search and select auctions that already ended you can often see what the last ones sold on that site went for. If it is really rare you might have to call an appraiser and take it in for a look.

Now don't go on GB and see a current auction with some crazy buy it now price and think that is the rifles value. Many nuts on Gunbroker think they have something special or are just waiting for a sucker to come along and buy it at their way over priced asking amount.

Bo