European championships air weapons

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ken4all

European championships air weapons

Post by ken4all »

Where were (just to mention a few...)

Leonid Ekimov
Gontcharov
Sonia Pfeilschifter

???

http://results.sius.com/DownloadFile.as ... .0.001.pdf

http://results.sius.com/DownloadFile.as ... .0.001.pdf
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Thanks for posting the results.

If Badaracchi had shot a 9.9 in the last shot they would have a SO. Can you imagine the pressure in that one shot? Trigger would weight 5kg...
jipe

Post by jipe »

jacques b gros wrote:Thanks for posting the results.

If Badaracchi had shot a 9.9 in the last shot they would have a SO. Can you imagine the pressure in that one shot? Trigger would weight 5kg...
His first nine shots were excellent, his lowest score was 10.2, he made a 9.6 for the last shot, easy to understand why !

Anyway, 103.3 in a EU final is a wonderful score. By far the best of the eight finalist.

Once more, Norayr BAKHTAMYAN shot great qualification but couldn't finalize in the final.
David Levene

Re: European championships air weapons

Post by David Levene »

ken4all wrote:Where were (just to mention a few...)

Leonid Ekimov
Gontcharov
Sonia Pfeilschifter
If the quota place allocation (when announced) follows the same pattern as previously then there will not have been any QPs available.

A good match therefore to give others experience. I obviously don't know if that is why these 3 weren't there.
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

What amazes me is how close to 400 are them ladies. Quite soon something will have to be changed or the records will be 400 and that's it.

Just hope ISSF does not changes the size of the targets, but changes to 60 shots (make a deal in 50?).
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

To save me from checking the new (obviously) scoring rules in ISSF, what constitutes a "X" and is it used to break ties in the qualification round?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

PaulB wrote:To save me from checking the new (obviously) scoring rules in ISSF, what constitutes a "X" and is it used to break ties in the qualification round?
An "X" is an inner 10. Whilst it is now the first part of the "count-back" procedure it is not used to decide who gets into a final. If there are tied scores for the last final places then that is decided by a shoot-off.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jacques b gros wrote:What amazes me is how close to 400 are them ladies. Quite soon something will have to be changed or the records will be 400 and that's it.
I presume you are talking about Air Rifle, in which case I have to ask "are you joking?".

The World and European records have been 400 since 2002 (and equalled several times).
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

David Levene wrote:
jacques b gros wrote:What amazes me is how close to 400 are them ladies. Quite soon something will have to be changed or the records will be 400 and that's it.
I presume you are talking about Air Rifle, in which case I have to ask "are you joking?".

The World and European records have been 400 since 2002 (and equalled several times).
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!!

Right you are, I read the rifle results as pistol...reducing the size of the rifle target would make the 10 visible only under microscopes...
Mike Taylor

my mistake

Post by Mike Taylor »

wrote too soon
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jacques b gros wrote:Right you are, I read the rifle results as pistol...
A 400 Air Pistol would be really impressive.

The 393 record goes back to 1998 and hasn't been equalled.

Not quite as impressive as Sergei Pyzhianov's 593 in the Men's AP event from 1989. When you think how many opportunities there have been to break them, IMHO it must rank with Melentiev's Free Pistol record of 581 from 1980 as the greatest World Records.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

To save me from checking the new (obviously) scoring rules in ISSF, what constitutes a "X" and is it used to break ties in the qualification round?

An "X" is an inner 10. Whilst it is now the first part of the "count-back" procedure it is not used to decide who gets into a final. If there are tied scores for the last final places then that is decided by a shoot-off.
David,

Does an inner 10 equate to a particular decimal score, like 10.3+ or 10.5+ ?

Paul
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

PaulB wrote:

David,

Does an inner 10 equate to a particular decimal score, like 10.3+ or 10.5+ ?

Paul
Can I suggest you read this thread. It will hopefully explain all.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

David Levene wrote:

Not quite as impressive as Sergei Pyzhianov's 593 in the Men's AP event from 1989. When you think how many opportunities there have been to break them, IMHO it must rank with Melentiev's Free Pistol record of 581 from 1980 as the greatest World Records.
I would say skanakers national record of 583 free is more impressive
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Muffo wrote:
David Levene wrote:

I would say skanakers national record of 583 free is more impressive
Without decrying Ragnar's shooting achievements for one moment, IMHO shooting in a match that doesn't have "world record" status (and pressure) doesn't match up to one that does.

This has been proved many times over the years with national records being higher than world records and club records being higher than national records. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The simple fact is that anyone who can shoot 583 in FP (anywhere other than their basement) or 593 in AP gets my respect, trying to compare them is really a pointless exercise in futility. Their achievements stand on there own.