The cost of Eley compared with the Dollar to Pound exchange

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

guest2

The cost of Eley compared with the Dollar to Pound exchange

Post by guest2 »

Hi All,

I have been wondering if anyone has seen a dramatic decrease in the cost of Eley over the past year (in the United States)? I recently got back into shooting and the cost is not what I had remembered.

I quickly looked at the exchange rate for 1650.00 (a case of Eley Tenex online at Champion Shooters Supply). Today, this exchange rate converts to 838 British Pounds.

A year ago today, that same cost is 1136 British Pounds. This is a dramatic change.

Since I can't recall what a case of Tenex costs a year ago, I was curious to know if you do?

With that in mind, does anyone expect the US suppliers to lower their prices based on the current exchange rates?

I know this can be a sensative subject in a time where world markets are in a recession. However I feel the need to find out if we can save as much as possible.
GOVTMODEL

Re: The cost of Eley compared with the Dollar to Pound excha

Post by GOVTMODEL »

guest2 wrote: With that in mind, does anyone expect the US suppliers to lower their prices based on the current exchange rates?

There is only one US importer, Zanders.

I would expect his wholesale prices to reflect what he paid for the product. Zanders usually keeps their website fairly up to date for TENEX in inventory. Might be an interesting exercise to track that, but I'm not the person to do it:-)
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Depending on their cost accounting system, what you pay for their inventory would generally reflect either:

- What they paid plus any accrued inventory carrying cost while it has been laying about in the warehouse, plus any other allocated costs; or
- Replacement cost plus any other allocated (S&H, profit, etc.) costs at current market

This is why people get so confused about the price of "oil" vs. the price of "gasoline."

With modern cost accounting, there is many a slip twixt cup and lip (so to speak).

Currency exchange rates are only *one* part (sometimes, actually, a very small part) of the equation.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Oh and Right-O there is generally no relationship whatsoever between "Cost" and "Price" other than "Cost" will frequently (not always) set some kind of a floor for "Price."

As many home owners in the US rudely discovered recently . . .