World Master's Games in Sydney

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slo cat

World Master's Games in Sydney

Post by Slo cat »

I am planning to shoot pistol in Sydney 10-18 October 2009.

Anyone else from the USA, or Canada planning on going?

Best Regards.
Slo cat
Last edited by Slo cat on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aussie Shooter

Post by Aussie Shooter »

Cat, you better book your accommodation inSydney fast. SISC is in the outer west. The Holiday Inn Rooty Hill is booked out, Other nearby suburbs include Penrith (further out) and Parramatta (closer in). You will need a rental car.
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

I am planning on going. I am currently entered in 8 events (pistol and rifle) so we should run across each other at some point.

Thanks Aussie Shooter for the advice on booking accomodations. I plan to have those secured not later than mid-March. Any suggestions for nice accomodations in that area (near the SISC)? Any help is always appreciated!

Paul
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

have a look at the venue's listing of nearby accommodation http://www.shootingcentre.nsw.gov.au/ch ... 3&cat_id=1
Spencer
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Thanks Spencer!

Paul
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Spencer wrote:have a look at the venue's listing of nearby accommodation http://www.shootingcentre.nsw.gov.au/ch ... 3&cat_id=1
Spencer
I wish I was going!!
david alaways

WMG

Post by david alaways »

My dad is going, now you have me thinking!
Freepistol

Re: WMG

Post by Freepistol »

david alaways wrote:My dad is going, now you have me thinking!
Go for it, Dave!
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

The more the merrier! Hope to see you there!
Guest browsing

Post by Guest browsing »

The SISC has a cottage on site available for rent. Be quick - once people know it will fill up quickly.
There are four bedrooms and common facilities for cooking, tv, relax and bathrooms of course.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Thanks, Guest Browsing. I found a description of this facility on the SISC site, then emailed a booking request. I hope this works out, as it looks like a very good deal. Somewhat similar to competitor housing at the NRA Whittington Center.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

I found that the SISC cottage was booked and unavailable during the WMG. I inquired with all the B&B's listed on the WMG site listing for accommodations, all were booked up. But I finally found a Comfort Inn in Casula that have some very reasonable rates, and with a senior discount.

BTW, I am thankful that Scott Pilkington is not offering his Shooter's Tour of Germany this year, as it would have probably conflicted the WMG. Scott, I hope you do another one of these tours in 2010. If so, you can count my wife and me in.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

For anyone else still looking to book accomodations at the WMG's and who does not want to book through the official WMG website go ahead and try Priceline and some of the other discount sites. I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza for the 9 days I will be there at a reasonable rate (for a Crowne Plaza). If you are shooting in the games you want to book near Cecil Park, Rooty Hill, Blacktown, Liverpool, or, where I booked in Parramatta.

Also be aware that airline seats are quickly running out if you want anything other than a coach seat. Coach can be miserable for long haul flights as I did that once with British Airways from the U.S. to South Africa. As a result I will never fly coach for any trip over 7 hours or so. Just some things to think about. Hope it helps.
PeterMelbourne

Post by PeterMelbourne »

I am not sure how much information the organisers have provided people who have registered for shooting but, just in case, it might be worth familiarising yourseves with the NSW firearms requirements.

Persons who are not residents of Australia and who intend
to visit NSW for the purpose of competing in an organised
shooting competition must make application for a permit
authorising possession and use of firearms for competition
and related activities.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/community_ ... itorPermit

In particular note the requirements for safe keeping. A hotel or motel is not considered suitable.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Just like an ISSF World Cup:
- Firearms permits, import and export will be handled with your entry procedures.
- Firearms will be stored in the armoury at the venue.

Spencer