Your Favorite BE .22LR Target Round

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

Your Favorite BE .22LR Target Round

Post by Mass Shooter »

Post your 2 favorites here:

Mine: Wolf MT & Federal Automatch. I practice with the Fed AM because it's 1/3 the price of Wolf MT, .... the MT has supurb consisteny. Fed AM is a slightly hotter round, you definitely feel the difference.
Fred Mannis

Re: Your Favorite BE .22LR Target Round

Post by Fred Mannis »

Mass Shooter wrote:Post your 2 favorites here:

Mine: Wolf MT & Federal Automatch. I practice with the Fed AM because it's 1/3 the price of Wolf MT, .... the MT has supurb consisteny. Fed AM is a slightly hotter round, you definitely feel the difference.
My favorite 22LR target round depends on what 22 pistol I am shooting.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I and my pistol like CCI Pistol Match, but it got way too expensive for me to shoot on a regular basis. My next favorite is SK Jagd Pistol Match. My favorite overall .22 ammo is CCI Standard Velocity. I've had some Aguila that shot well, but it really depends on the lot number. It really seems to be inconsistent.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Hi Misny, You and your pistol should buy CCI Standard Velocity long rifle
ammo; it is Exactly the SAME as CCI Pistol Match. This is for real; a friend
of mine, a sporting goods distributor sales rep toured the factory, where he
saw them scoop finished 22 LR standards into a bin set aside to be inserted
into the "Target" plastic containers. They were not segregated because of
quality parameters.
Tony G
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I bought a case of CCI SV in the plastic boxes from Midway in November. So far out of about 800 rounds fired in this lot I have had about six bad rounds. I used green tag at the last match because of this ( I really hate refires) and I had no bad rounds. Kate
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Kate , You are very lucky/unlucky. I've fired about 300 rounds of CCI Std
recently and had not one bad round. I guess that's why we should pay more attention
to lot numbers(but I don't).

Tony G
Misny

Post by Misny »

paw080 wrote:Hi Misny, You and your pistol should buy CCI Standard Velocity long rifle
ammo; it is Exactly the SAME as CCI Pistol Match. This is for real; a friend
of mine, a sporting goods distributor sales rep toured the factory, where he
saw them scoop finished 22 LR standards into a bin set aside to be inserted
into the "Target" plastic containers. They were not segregated because of
quality parameters.
Tony G
I have confirmed on the machine rest at 50 yards, that my gun shoots better with CCI PM than CCI SV.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Every barrel is unique, and each lot of amunition is unique. If you seriously test enough ammunition in enough barrels you'll realize that the results of testing one batch of ammunition in one barrel are irrelevant for a different lot-barrel combination.

That said, I have two cases of TENEX selected at the Eley Customer Range for my pistol. I took three pistols to the Customer Range, tested seventeen lots of TENEX in all three, and chose the best combination as the one I use for 50 yard Slow Fire.

I still suck, but when I shoot a 7, I know I shot that 7!
little_doodie

Post by little_doodie »

I have a good answer for this...
The one that shoots the best groups!!!
I know wise ass...
some of the ammo that shot the best in my gun are Lapua Midas, Lapua Dominator and Lapua Master.
Currently its WAY too much $$
I have settled with SK match it shoots very well for the $$
and for 50' I tested many lots of different ammo and Eley Sport is my choice for practice because it shoots with very little variation.
Some of the different ammo I tested was many aguila, cci, Eley and SK.

Ammo testing is important and makes a difference.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I have used Wolf Match Target ot SKJagd Pistol Match in both my Walther GSP and Pardini SP.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just to further confuse things: CCI has two factories, one in MN and the other (I think) in Idaho.

You can tell by looking at the bullet. One has a greasy dark gray lube (MN) and the other a hard, shiny black coating.

The CCI SV comes in 100 round plastic or 50 round paper boxes.

I ran out during a match and another shooter give me a box of the other type. I shot 60 straight 10s with the mixed stuff during Slow Fire in 2 "L" matches (same as a 900, but with a different target). No alibis.
2650 Plus

Best 22 ammo

Post by 2650 Plus »

What Fred Mannis said. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

"I ran out during a match and another shooter give me a box of the other type. I shot 60 straight 10s with the mixed stuff during Slow Fire in 2 "L" matches (same as a 900, but with a different target). No alibis."[/quote]

Now that's consistency! Great shooting.

I've been shooting a little of everything, so far the Wolf MT is running flawless, presently trying some Federal 711B and flawless out of 1,000 rounds. Sure having fun shooting and keeping the eye and hands trained for our next seasonal B/E league.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

My favorite 22LR target round depends on what 22 pistol I am shooting.
What Fred said ;)

Right now, I'm using a lot of SK Jagd Pistol Match because it's crazy accurate from my IZH 35's. Their standard Match ammo is good as well, but the Pistol Match still shows a slight improvement in the groups I can achieve.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Just bought a brick of SK Jaged Match pistol. I cannot tell the difference looking at it between it and Lapua Pistol King other than it is quite a bit less expensive. I am trying it out tomorrow in the AW-93. Kate
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I currently use CCI SV in the 100 rd containers for all stages---have not had an ammo problem since I started using it some 11 years back. I personally think the Green box is a lot of hooey that some people fall for. I tried to use it for a few occasions and experienced feed and ejection problems on my Pardini. "Doc"
jackh

Post by jackh »

I shot a gallery 900 posting an 850 something with Eley super expensive in my 208s. About an hour later I posted another score using plain old Aguila SV, all else being the same. The Aguilla score was 870 something. My chosen ammo ever since :)

Until you are shooting consistently in the 890s, I don't think ammo choice based on extreme accuracy matters that much. Availability, cost, function, feel, and yes, only reasonable accuracy until then.

The only ammos that do not perform reasonably in my several pistols are the weaker cycling like Wolf and SK.
diopter

Post by diopter »

New SK Standard Club has been great for BE and SP. Might need slightly better for freepistol. As good as the ex-Lapua Super Club it replaces.

http://www.lapua-gmbh.de/naviEN.html
Rover

Post by Rover »

Mass Shooter,

Thanks for the strokes, but I have to contend with John Zurek and his 900-85X over the course. (Curses...gnashing of teeth!)
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Rover wrote:Mass Shooter,

Thanks for the strokes, but I have to contend with John Zurek and his 900-85X over the course. (Curses...gnashing of teeth!)
So what ammo was John using? :-) Isabel