IZH35 how to clean magazines

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

stubbicatt

IZH35 how to clean magazines

Post by stubbicatt »

Guys:

I've noticed that sometimes the rounds don't want to easily go into the magazines on my IZH35 pistol. I'll push down that little button that compresses the spring, but the top round wants to stay put at or near the opening of the magazine. It is pretty stubborn, and the magazine doesn't want to accept another round on top of that one. I will release the pressure on the spring compressing button, allowing the rounds to all stack under spring pressure, and recompress the spring. Typically the magazine is good to go to accept another round at that point.

I don't believe this condition to be dangerous, but it seems to me that the magazine shouldn't be so recalcitrant.

I figure maybe it needs a good cleaning. Probably it needs a good cleaning.

I cannot figure out disassembly easily from looking at it, and I was hoping you folks would have some good suggestions on how to both clean the magazine and perhaps ameliorate this mag issue I am having.

Thanks!
Stubb
Bill Treanor

IZH-35M Mag cleaning

Post by Bill Treanor »

My only suggestion on the IZH-35 mag cleaning is not to use solvents that could damage the plastic follower. On mine, I use rags & dental picks to remove the large debris followed up by Rem Oil. Then I will use a rag to clean up the excess Rem Oil.

HTH,

Bill
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I like to use TSI321 for cleaning these mags - it will not harm plastics and is a good cleaner/lubricant. Given the shortage of mags & springs, I would not try disassembly. Driving out some pins is all that is required, but if something goes awry, you are out one irreplaceable mag.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

If I understand you correctly, I had a similar problem with my FAS magazine. As the bullet nose dropped into the mag, the cartridge rim stayed put, with the result that the round wedged itself in the mag. A bit of deft work with a file sorted out that, but it still feeds reliably only with the shortest ammo I can find (Fiocchi).

The IZH mag appears a little longer fore-and-aft, so there isn't any problem (on mine), as long as the crud doesn't build up. Have you tried using a shorter round? I discovered about 1mm difference in overall length between brands.
Spencer

Re: IZH35 how to clean magazines

Post by Spencer »

stubbicatt wrote:...I figure maybe it needs a good cleaning. Probably it needs a good cleaning.

I cannot figure out disassembly easily from looking at it, and I was hoping you folks would have some good suggestions on how to both clean the magazine and perhaps ameliorate this mag issue I am having.

Thanks!
Stubb
1/ I love my ultrasonic cleaner - it's amazing the amount of crud that comes out of some magazines when given a good bath in the cleaner.
2/ I get a number of other shooter's magazines to run through the USCleaner - and have found some amazing 'contents': dead bugs, small screws and springs (not from that magazine or pistol), screwed up target patches, etc.

Spencer
stubbicatt

Post by stubbicatt »

I appreciate the replies, but I have no ultrasonic cleaner, nor am I likely to get one either. I guess it is toothpicks, qtips, and Mpro7 for me.

Groan
Walter

Post by Walter »

To disassemble, push a pencil into the mag and press down the follower until you can remove the pin through the lower hole.
stubbicatt

Post by stubbicatt »

Thank you.