Bore Preservative

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Lammy1000

Bore Preservative

Post by Lammy1000 »

I am torn between keeping the bore of my air pistols and .22 pistols dry for accuracy or a light coating of "break free" / gun oil for corrosion protection. I store and shoot in my cellar which has periods of dampness. Any suggestions are appreciated.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Hey, a light coat of mil-comm 2500 oil, 25B grease, or 3000 semi fluid would work perfect for you.

What i do is, ill coat the bore, then when i want to shoot run a bore snake or a patch through them and then you are all set.

lax
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Agreed.

Quick patch of light oil (or oiled cleaning pellet) after, and dry patch (or pellet) before.
Lammy1000

Post by Lammy1000 »

Thanks. Any tips on solution to clean bore of air guns. I have some "Otis" , but some of it has solidified. I am getting back into this great sport after a few year hiatus...moved and fixed up my current home.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Lammy1000 wrote:Thanks. Any tips on solution to clean bore of air guns. I have some "Otis" , but some of it has solidified. I am getting back into this great sport after a few year hiatus...moved and fixed up my current home.
TSI301 is a good cleaner and lubricant, and will not harm your seals. Do not use firearm cleaners on an airgun. Besides, airguns require minimal cleaning - perhaps once a year. Here is a recent discussion http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... ght=tsi301