shooting glove...KT solid question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

shooting glove...KT solid question

Post by coolcruiser »

My prone position causes some pain in my supporting hand. I was looking at the Thune "solid" glove as means of better support and isolation from the handstop and sling tension. Perhaps it might provide better standing support as well. Before I pay the $87 from Neal Johnson... Does anyone here have any experience with this glove that would care to relate? Thanks
CC
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Hey, i have used that glove, It does provide better support in the sling positions like prone and kneeling. My experience with them is that it did help with the pressure but i wasnt able to feel the handstop as much as other gloves.

My teammate uses it all the time and he likes it a lot.

if you have to much front weight on the rifle you will feel a lot of pressure on the sling hand. Try changing up the balance a little.

lax
bruce

Post by bruce »

I've used this glove in the prone position for a good few years. It does a good job of spreading the pressure from the handstop over a wide area.
rbs

Glove

Post by rbs »

I have tried many different gloves including the KT hard back, and I prefer the 466 Gehmann. My area of pain occured in the web area between my thumb and forefinger caused by a seam from construction. The Gehmann is the only glove that does not cause me discomfort. By the way, I use a KT coat and love the quality of all of his equipment.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Has anyone ever tried a prone shooting glove such as the Sauer ?

http://www.sauer-shootingsportswear.de/ ... /hand4.htm

They don't seem very popular: is there any special reason ?

Paul