Toz 35 Modifications

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Muffo

Toz 35 Modifications

Post by Muffo »

I will be doing a series of modifications to my new toz so i thought i would document as many modifications as i know can be done to help people in the future. First off who knows anything about this
Attachments
toz35.jpg
toz35.jpg (33.01 KiB) Viewed 35832 times
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

The first modification which had already been done is to drill out the frame to drop the weight of the pistol. It is easy and good if you dont want to make a new grip.
Attachments
PICT0169 smaller.jpg
jsealc21

Toz mods

Post by jsealc21 »

another member and myself are involved in a similar upgrade process. The lightening ,if you have a morini grip,can be much more extensive,as the grip shown the first post does not need any of the backbone,as it does not mount the same way as the standard Toz grips.You can also do the nygord lever mod to really save some ##'s. We are also adding a rear sight with an infinitely adjustable width notch,a compensator,and a foresight with a rotating post with 3 different widths. Now lest you think we are made of money,think again...when you have a combination of a retired wisconsin tree farmer,and an admittedly cheap bastard from New Zealand,you don'ts gets to spend big bucks !! All will be revealed in due course,as parts are still arriving from our secret research base,deep in equatorial Africa. All this trick stuff can be installed for the princely sum of not much above $150,and when you combine these bits with a set of Marschal grips at $170,you have a hotrod free pistol that can take you all the way to wherever the amount of practice you are willing to do will take you. As the pistol is modified,reports will appear.
ausdiver99

Post by ausdiver99 »

Muffo, the Toz balance weight in blue is available at the link below for Euro 88.

http://schiesssport-hermann.de/assets/s ... 2411f.html

Looks very cool! I think I might order one and then paint the grips in a matching blue....

Pete
Muffo

Re: Toz mods

Post by Muffo »

jsealc21 wrote:another member and myself are involved in a similar upgrade process. The lightening ,if you have a morini grip,can be much more extensive,as the grip shown the first post does not need any of the backbone,as it does not mount the same way as the standard Toz grips.You can also do the nygord lever mod to really save some ##'s. We are also adding a rear sight with an infinitely adjustable width notch,a compensator,and a foresight with a rotating post with 3 different widths. Now lest you think we are made of money,think again...when you have a combination of a retired wisconsin tree farmer,and an admittedly cheap bastard from New Zealand,you don'ts gets to spend big bucks !! All will be revealed in due course,as parts are still arriving from our secret research base,deep in equatorial Africa. All this trick stuff can be installed for the princely sum of not much above $150,and when you combine these bits with a set of Marschal grips at $170,you have a hotrod free pistol that can take you all the way to wherever the amount of practice you are willing to do will take you. As the pistol is modified,reports will appear.
Everything you have listed I will put in this post as I am doing all of that plus a couple of other modifications. I just put this one on as its already been done to the pistol and some people may not want to go to the extreems that i will. I already have one that has many modifications done to it about 30 years or more ago. My father is a grip maker so all the modifications will total up to around 0 dollars. The only money i will spend is maybe to get a blow out compensator but only if i cant make a good one on a lathe and maybe that weight cos it looks really cool
ronpistolero

TOZ Modifications

Post by ronpistolero »

Hi Muffo,

Great work! Am so amazed at how resourceful you are. Are you sure you have no filipino blood in you? Anyways, I would truly appreciate if you can send me a close-up photo of the compensator you would be attaching onto it. I have done about 5 pieces and I truly believe the compensators are helpful.

Regards and keep up the good work.

Ron
mjmarz

TOZ Mods

Post by mjmarz »

Neil Stepp (International Shooters Supply) will also order in the alloy forearms pictured above at what ever the market price is based on exchange rate.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

thanks for the link...now I can see what it does .... $ 40 to tell you which way to turn the adjustment knobs on the sight.
Chris

Post by Chris »

what rear site did you use to replace the original? Did you have to do any work to the pistol to install it?
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

oops i forgot to exclude the sights from what im doing as i only have one option for what sights i can use. Big ones as my eye sight isnt good enough not to. to change the front sight you would just do it similar to the 35m. I seem to have heaps of movement in the rear sight i can wind it off the target in any direction
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Chris wrote:what rear site did you use to replace the original? Did you have to do any work to the pistol to install it?

the parts are on their way , so I will post the details once it's complete.
R.E. Smalley

TOZ trigger

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Is that an overtravel stop shown in the first photo?

How is that accomplished?

Thanks!!
jsealc21

Re: TOZ trigger

Post by jsealc21 »

[quote="R.E. Smalley"]Is that an overtravel stop shown in the first photo?

How is that accomplished?

Thanks!![/quote

No, that is the sear adjustment screw.
TPE

Post by TPE »

Hi,

here's my contribution to this "Tune your TOZ" thread.

Modifications:

Morini size S grip = -100 grams
Replace forearm with a .223 case = -30 grams
New high tech trigger for perfect feel for your trigger finger = paperclip with plastic coating ;-) A friend of mine with tools to make threads made me the fitting to fasten the new trigger.

I have such short fingers that I had to move the trigger to the right to get better position to my finger on the blade when using Morini grips. I also wanted to have the trigger pull directly backwards air pistol style to be able to squeeze the shots.

In the previous posts there were interesting methods of losing more weight on the gun. How much you gain by drilling the backbone? Also I think drilling some holes to the Morini grip there would be a possibility to make the TOZ little lighter.

But what happens to the balance of the TOZ if you keep on reducing the weight in the rear parts? I already lost 100 g by just changint to lighter grips, but is the balance going to move awful lot to the front especially if there's going to be a compensator?

TP
Attachments
tunetoz.jpg
tunetoz.jpg (29.47 KiB) Viewed 35347 times
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

the point is,the more weight you remove,the better your choice of balance point...you have the ability to put weight wherever you want it,but you do not increase the overall weight of what is one of the heavier free pistols...of course,it is all a matter of personal preference.
With regard to the issue of short fingers,a malady from which I also suffer, you will find that the grips have 1/4" of wood directly behind the action,in the web of the hand region.There is also space to be gained by routing the interior of the grip,where the action and actuating lever are inletted,and you can effectively lower the metalwork into the grip,and move it rearwards as well, thereby bringing the line of recoil lower into the hand.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Yes it does change the ballance of the pistol but for the better. If you look at a morini the ballance would be similar to the toz after the frame has been cut off, or look at any air pistol and all the weight is in fron of the hand. Im not sure how much drilling the frame looses as it was already done on mine and i am going to remove the frame completely. I have 2 tozs one with frame and one without. the one with the frame has a lot worse perceived recoil than the one without
Chris

Post by Chris »

I thought about taking the stock in front of the trigger off but since it did not weight very much I did not try it. If any thing I was going to shorten the end of it and insert a rod pointing forward parallel to the barrel to get some more weight forward.

The largest mod I did to my toz was to my Morini grip. I adjusted the rake angle to it such that my front sight did not drop out of sight any more. There is only about 1mm of material from the frame to my hand between my thumb and trigger finger. I also had to add some fiberglass to create a new part of the grip that covered the back of my hand.

I would be interested in putting a comp on or trying it out but not sure how to go about doing that. I have a Toz35m that has the strap on the end of the barrel.

Post by Guest »

TPE:

Do you happen to remember the lenght of the 223 case?
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

You can raise the trigger by putting shorter one in