POWDER FOR EXTRA GRIP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

POWDER FOR EXTRA GRIP

Post by Mass Shooter »

Anyone use a grip-type hand powder during a BE match. I've noticed a few very good shooters in our gallery teams use it often.

Interesting from my perspective because as a new shooter I'm observing a lot of tidbits from accomplished marksman.

I'm sorta curious to give it a try, ... whatever slight edge to obtain maximum comfort and consistency I guess.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I haven't used it but Brian Zins said that he used it. He told us he gets it at a bowling supply store. My hands are usually pretty dry and I live in a dry climate. If I lived back east or in the south I would probably use it. Isabel
bob v

Post by bob v »

I've used rosen bags with good sucess. They are not as messy as powder.
Gil Hebard used to sell them I think, but you could probly get some at a bowling ally or bowling supply. I live on the East coast and it can get pretty humid in the summer and the rosen ( powder ) does improve your grip....bob v
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I've used rosin bags as well. The one that I have is sold to tennis players. It's a fine drying rosin, not sticky.

There are also creams available that dry your hands (e.g. FAST GRIP), but I've never tried these.

I'd avoid anything sticky (e.g. grip adhesives), especially if you're still working out your grip.
mcb

Post by mcb »

I just use cornstarch baby powder. Absorbs the hand moisture.
mcb

Post by mcb »

I just use cornstarch baby powder. Absorbs the hand moisture.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Denture powder is great for humid weather.
Just_Joe

Post by Just_Joe »

I have tried a rosin made by Prince for tennis. Is a liquid that you rub on your hands. When it dries it leaves them sticky but a dry stick if that makes sense.

Called Prince Grip Plus.
Apply to hands or gloves
Repels sweat and moisture
Not sticky or tacky
Quick dry
Improves grip 75-100% in seconds
Non-toxic and biodegradable
thbauer

Post by thbauer »

You might also see if climber's chalk works for you (readily available at REI or EMS). It works well, BUT I got concerned that the chalk dust might get into my pistol with negative effect.
The next "solution" I've used is a spray, MagicGrip (Mueller), that weight trainers use. It works well,there's less mess and no chalk dust. I obtained it through APT, Inc., www.prowriststraps.com.
The other "solution" that's been suggested to me is Mitchum clear antiperspirant. That one I have not yet tried. At least this approach has 2 chances to work for us guys. ;-)

---
Ted
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Great replies.

Thanks very much.