Olympic Shooting Video

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Soupy44

Olympic Shooting Video

Post by Soupy44 »

Does anyone know where I could download the finals videos from the 2008 Olympics?
BartP

Finals

Post by BartP »

Yo Billy Boy,
NBCsports.com/Olympics had the videos and still have them up for viewing. You prob already knew that, but it might be a good place to attempt a download. They are pretty cool. Bman
BJ

Post by BJ »

Hey there Bill

Try youtube!!! You have to do some searching but the videos are up there. I typed beijing 2008 olympic air rifle and got some stuff. Most of it seems to be world cup videos but heck they are all better than us so its worth watching.

Brian
methosb

Post by methosb »

See if any of these still work:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300654

They will probably have expired though.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

They most certainly still work. These are perfect. Thanks so much. Makes it even better that the women's smallbore finals on on there, NBC somehow missed that one on their site.
methosb

Post by methosb »

The ISSF.TV finals for the World Cups are better to watch though, the Olympics wasn't very well produced visually and the commentary is pretty awful.

The ISSF.TV finals are mostly well put together (sometimes the on-screen graphics are broken but they mostly fixed that), they have interviews with shooters and coaches, they have Marco (who actually knows what he is talking about) on commentary and often have shooters doing guest commentary. The camera angles are good (depending on the range), you get to see the trigger and shot release technique of the shooters which cab be interesting.
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

second on issf tv. it's a wealth of information on position, technique, equipment choices and proper setup, and all kinds of little details. if you have firefox, find an add-on called Video Download Helper so you don't have to use the annoying embedded player.
methosb

Post by methosb »

You can actually find the .flv files in your temp internet files when you watch off the site.

I usually start it, pause it and let it download. Then copy the .flv file to another folder and rename and watch at my discretion with a 3rd party flv player like Wimpy, or convert to avi with Super video converter and watch with whatever player.

For a 20min video the file is usually 65-75mb and for a 40min one (usually the ones when Ralph has a chat to someone) will be 130-150mb. That is how you can easily tell which file is the shooting vid, just sort the temp internet files folder by file size and look for ones that size.