Whats the best 12-18 inch bloop tube for Anschutz barrels

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

NEW SHOOTER

Whats the best 12-18 inch bloop tube for Anschutz barrels

Post by NEW SHOOTER »

Who has the best bloop tube for 50m/100m smallbore shooting. I have an Anschutz 2013 with a 2007 barrel. Barrel length is 26 inch. I wanted to know if there is a tube that has repeatable accuracy without drilling barrel? I also heard alot of people like a sight radius of about 42 inches. Does that sound right for the prone shooting?
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Thats a long tube to put on a 26inch barrel. On that long of a barrel most people do 8 to 10 inch. Anymore your going to have problems with it being front heavy in my opinion.

But the company that i like best is http://www.medeshafirearms.com/Extension%20Tubes.htm

lax
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I use a champion's choice bloop tube. Your only option if you don't want to drill the barrel is a tube like what Lax has a link for above. The collar makes the muzzle a bit of a pain to clean, but it's not too hard to deal with that.

I don't have any problems with weight with a 10in tube in standing, but I only use a 6in in prone. I found my eyes got tired over the course of a prone match with my 10in. That was a little while ago and I plan on trying the 10in again soon.

The benefit of the collar bloop tube is that you can put any length tube on it you want. I agree with Lax that you should start with 8-10in. Most people underestimate how much more movement you will see with a bloop tube that long. I tell people to wait until they feel they have reached a limit in how accurately they can call their shots before extending their sight radius. If you can still see wobble in prone, you might want to hold off getting a bloop tube.
ky99

Post by ky99 »

Ernest shooting products makes a very nice bloop tube for the anschutz barrel with the groove for the front sight.It is one piece with two small pins that locate it on the sight grooves repeates very well.easy to clean being one piece and allows one to clean end of muzzle with it off.
ky99

Post by ky99 »

Ernest shooting products makes a very nice bloop tube for the anschutz barrel with the groove for the front sight.It is one piece with two small pins that locate it on the sight grooves repeates very well.easy to clean being one piece and allows one to clean end of muzzle with it off.
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

My tip is to use a micrometer to measure the exact diameter of the end of the barrel before you order a collar. Jim Medesha made one for me after the Champion's Choice one did not fit my 1913 barrel. The only down side to buy from him is the wait - it took about 3 weeks from the time I spoke with him to the time I received it. However, it was perfect. I was able to use the keyed Champion's Choice 8" tube and it worked out fine.
Nosy

Post by Nosy »

I recently shot with a former USA team member who is testing a carbon fiber tube. It's basically a length of tube with a small aluminum sleeve on each end -- one to hold the sights and the other to connect to a collar on the barrel. The aluminum sleeves are glued to the carbon fiber tube with a special epoxy.

The tube must have been 16' long. This guys likes a long tube. By far the heaviest part of the entire contraption was the Centra front sight. It was astonishingly, jaw droppingly light, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these in the coming years.

On a related topic, anyone want to opine on the ideal inside diameter of a bloop tube? Seems to me that the air inside the tube would behave differently in a narrow tube than in a wider tube, but that's just intuition. Anyone have some science they'd like to share?
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

An update here from me, I just came back from the Palmyra Invitational and had a good talk with Bill Earnest while I was there (also bought over $100 in stuff from him). I'm having him make me one of his bloop tubes. I have an older Anschutz 54 action which used to use a sight block for the front sight. Bill's going to make me a 10in tube that will index itself with a screw in my old sight block holes.

If you contact him, he can make whatever you want him to in his style of a one piece tube. His standard sizes are 9in and 12in, but as I said, you can ask for whatever size you want.