Walther LG30

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TedP

Walther LG30

Post by TedP »

Anyone have a Walther LG30 rifle? I'm interested in your thoughts on the rifles quality, etc... It appears to be a good value for $1175.

With the newer side cocking lever, it appears a scope could be easily mounted.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,

TedP
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Tedp

The Walther LG-30 is a very good rifle. A bit of history, it was originally designed and made made by Hammerlie, but when Walther took over HammerlIe they re badged it with Walther logo.

The LG-30 is quite light and suitable for juniors, but Walther supply extra ballast weights to bring it up to adult weight.

I believe that the MEC Contact 3 butt plate was offered as an upgrade at one time by Hammerlie.

Good solid and well designed air rifle that can be developed with add ons.

Peeps
TedP

Thank you!

Post by TedP »

Peeps,

Thank you for your reply! It appears this rifle would make a good all around rilfe.

Take care,

Ted Pearson
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I am planning on buying a large number (10-15) of these for my junior program over the next 5 years. I have heard 99% good things about them from those who have been around them.

The only side note to this is kids who advance to elite scores (570+). Many of them benefit from spending the money on a 8002, 9003, or other top of the line air rifle. But I feel this is expected when you buy a gun for this price.

I've heard of 570+ scores being shot from this rifle, so it is very accurate. I would guess that the benefit of a more expensive rifle is the added adjustments in the cheek piece and upgraded butt plate.

Let me know how they turn out for you.
shajecolo

Post by shajecolo »

We've used the LG30s for a vouple of months, and generally have had positive results with our juniors. On the plus side is the price, adjustable butt plate, cheek piece, grip, and the fact that it can be switched from right to left handed (though you will wrestle with some very tight screws to do this). On the minus side, the rifle is light so weight is sometimes needed for the bigger kids (we use the flat stick-on wheel weights), one of the rifles has a regulator issue being worked, and the sights are only adequate. We installed riser blocks from ESP, but found we had to remove the finish and sand the receiver dovetail down to get them to fit on this rifle (they work fine on other Walthers).
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

I think Walther supply stock and barrel weights for the LG-30 which can up the rifle to adult weight and keep it balanced nice as well.
Peeps