Bristle Brushes For Bore Cleaning

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

Bristle Brushes For Bore Cleaning

Post by Mass Shooter »

I know that cleaning from the breech is optimal method for bore cleaning, are the bristle brushes still used for bore scrubbing say after a few hundred rounds?

I'm mainly speaking of the soft copper or brass twisted wire brushes from cleaning kits. .... Or does everyone stick with patches only for bore cleaning?

Regards
Guest Twenty

Brushes

Post by Guest Twenty »

I really like the "bristle" brushes that come in the cleaning kits shipped with the pistols - Pardini SP, TOZ, and Hammerli 208S come to mind. They are true "bristle" no metal at all. The disperse the dirt but do nt scratch.
Fred Mannis

Re: Bristle Brushes For Bore Cleaning

Post by Fred Mannis »

Mass Shooter wrote:I know that cleaning from the breech is optimal method for bore cleaning, are the bristle brushes still used for bore scrubbing say after a few hundred rounds?

I'm mainly speaking of the soft copper or brass twisted wire brushes from cleaning kits. .... Or does everyone stick with patches only for bore cleaning?
Difficult to answer a general question like that. I would never take a metal wire brush to the bore of a FP, but perhaps I would to clean the bore of a RF pistol consuming 10000 rounds per year.