Pictures of the new aluminum stock from Anschutz

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jason

Pictures of the new aluminum stock from Anschutz

Post by Jason »

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Anschutz has posted a description and photos of its new "Precise 1918/2018" aluminum stock on its homepage.

It looks pretty nice, and they seem to have incorporated most of the better tweaks into this version. It also looks like they're not going to ask any more for it than the 2213/2313 aluminum stock if Edenkillie's pricing is anything to go by.

Has any one seen/handled/fired one yet or know when they'll be available in North America?

Jason
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

It looks very nice. I like that it is milled not cast, and the adjustments look like they would be quicker and more precise. I think Anschutz was lagging compared to Grunig and MEC. The last time I checked the 2013 stock was 1500USD, so I guess the1918/2018 should be about the same price.
Just for discussion, I don't like what they did to the newest 1913 walnut stock. It seems to be made for cost reduction, not competition.
nirvanaisanx

Post by nirvanaisanx »

How interesting the stock looks a lot like the Grunig RSIII. Now the Anschutz model is milled where as the older model was molded. Seems to be a trend.

Does anyone know if this new Precise stock uses the older memory rubber in the bedding that the previous 2013 aluminum stock used?
methosb

Post by methosb »

You would think a stock called the Precise would have the Precise buttplate on it...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

nirvanaisanx wrote:How interesting the stock looks a lot like the Grunig RSIII. Now the Anschutz model is milled where as the older model was molded. Seems to be a trend.
If so, I hope it continues and they bring out a Precise Air that we could upgrade earlier rifles with; the alternative is a bit too annoying:

tiny

Post by tiny »

there is a stock on the market called

evolution 600

this is a milled from solid stock made to order with the customers requirements taken into account
brandonbc

Do you still have it.

Post by brandonbc »

Im looking for stocks like the one Sparks showed which are broken. Im collecting stocks so that i can learn and design my own for me and others. So if there are any lying around broken gathering dust let me know ill maybe take it off youre hands.
gecko

evolution stock / precise

Post by gecko »

I can quote for anyone interested that the ansuchtz precises stock that i picked up direct from anschutz in germany is a fantastic piece of kit. my only critisim is that the grip cannot be angled as it is not on a ball joint. The evolution stock i have shot with for a year now and have found it to be very good however the cheekpiece is not as easy to adjust and the grip often comes loose. the stock itself is fantastic however it is made by a 'one man band' so to speak in his garage. the service is terrible and unreliable. There is in my mind haveing shot all over the world and representing the gb team that the precise stock is by far the better option. the only stock to beat this would be the system gemini ultra model.
tiny

Re: evolution stock / precise

Post by tiny »

gecko wrote:I can quote for anyone interested that the ansuchtz precises stock that i picked up direct from anschutz in germany is a fantastic piece of kit. my only critisim is that the grip cannot be angled as it is not on a ball joint. The evolution stock i have shot with for a year now and have found it to be very good however the cheekpiece is not as easy to adjust and the grip often comes loose. the stock itself is fantastic however it is made by a 'one man band' so to speak in his garage. the service is terrible and unreliable. There is in my mind haveing shot all over the world and representing the gb team that the precise stock is by far the better option. the only stock to beat this would be the system gemini ultra model.
i have spoken to the man who makes the evolution 600 and i have been informed that the stock you have used is the loan stock and if this is the case then you cannot have had this for more than 7 months as it has been out on loan until after april of last year
and if you dont like the stock then that is your decision
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Anyone got a link to info. about the Evolution 600 stock?
Barney

Post by Barney »

Gecko,

I dont think you can exclude the G&E RSIII from the equation.

I know your from GB and the System Gemini is " Made in Great Britain", so there is probably a bit of bias towards it, but the G&E is easily on a "Par" with the Gemini.

The current world number one prone shooter Warren Potent use's a G&E and has done so for at least 6 yrs, just with different actions.

You dont see many Gemini's in the finals of world cups (if at all), but you do see a lot of G&E stocks, mabye there is a reason for this!!!

Post by Guest »

not too sure if I like the forend rail machined into the stock,and not a steel insert, and can you tell me, now you have the stock if the butt plate and cheek piece adjustment knobs screw into the aluminum stock itself, or if they have steel inserts. Thanks Colin
IainD

Post by IainD »

I have the precise stock and have been using it with my 1813 action and it is a cracking bit of kit. Would recomend that anyone looking for an alloy stock to have a good look at it.

Iain D
tiny

Post by tiny »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:Anyone got a link to info. about the Evolution 600 stock?
the guy who was making these is no longer doing so
Jason

Post by Jason »

IainD wrote:I have the precise stock and have been using it with my 1813 action and it is a cracking bit of kit. Would recomend that anyone looking for an alloy stock to have a good look at it.
What made you choose the 1918 stock over the others, Iain? Isn't there a certain amount of pressure to shoot a Gemini stock in Scotland? ;)

Jason