Christmas Wish List

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TomN

Christmas Wish List

Post by TomN »

Each Christmas season I am roundly abused by family members as being impossible to shop for. (I have relatively few gift wishes, and those I have are typically too expensive.) This being the case, can folks out there suggest shooting-related things in the under-$80 (US) price range that THEY would like to find under their Christmas trees? All suggestions welcome -- The cause of Peace on Earth, or at least in my coroner of Earth, will be advanced.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

A copy of the ISSF 2009 rules, now available from the ISSF Shop
methosb

Post by methosb »

Ways Of The Rifle

Foresight spirit level

Colorful bolt knob

Torque wrench

*shruggs* Not a lot you can get with that much.
blg

Post by blg »

Can't go worng with gift cards. Let them add up.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

Sauer Strong Shooting glove

Gehmann Riser blocks

Sauer trigger finger glove
Oz

Post by Oz »

Can many of us say that we don't need ammo/pellets? For training it doesn't even need to be high quality. Have the family go to the local sporting goods store and buy whatever pellets or .22 rounds strikes their fancy. If my family bought me 5 tins of Crossman pellets, I'd happily shoot 'em in training. I might direct them to the RWS I suppose ;)
tenex

Post by tenex »

Here's some stuff:
Eagle Eye scoring gauge, about $20. I think this is the best gauge out there if you're too old to see a plug or overlay (like me).

Pistol shooter's treasury, by Gil Hebbard, $6 or $7. A really nice compendium of pistol shooting articles. Should be easy to find on the net.

Pellet shaker box, $20. I can't believe this thing works....

Cheap spotting scope $??? Midsouth has some inexpensive Burris scopes, you don't need much for 10 meters/50 feet.

Cheap gun box. $25. Lowes generally carries an aluminum too case for around $25 that is perfect for AP or a single .22 match. I have a bunch of them, they come with the sectioned foam and you can set them up for a specific gun or match. I got my wife to make pillow cases for the foam, so it doesn't flake off and get all over the gun.

Hope that helps,
Steve.