50 Foot "Gallery" Bullseye versus 25yd or standard

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

MSC

50 Foot "Gallery" Bullseye versus 25yd or standard

Post by MSC »

I've shot nothing but a 50ft gallery league (.22) since starting shooting again, not too long ago. In my mind, I always considered it kinda' like "junior" bullseye, as I was sort of a 2nd class citizen in the BE world. Recently, I swear I heard one of the more experienced fellows mention that it's "relatively" harder than the longer distances. Obviously meaning score-wise.

Our range is 25yd and hosts 900 events, from which there were recently a few leftover targets. For ha-ha's, I put one on and cranked it out to 25yds. Didn't bother to make any sight adjustments, and shot a few targets. I shot clearly better scores than I do at 50ft.

What do you guys think? Those of you that shoot both - how do your scores compare?
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

The outdoor targets are easier. The 50 foot are not proportionally smaller. Although the 50 foot do have an advantage when firing the .45, there is a mathematical disadvantage with the .22. Might be why there are two separate classifications for Indoor and Outdoor...

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
Dick

Post by Dick »

I shoot mostly at 50 ft, and sometimes shoot matches at 25 yd at the Smith & Wesson facility. I generally do better at 25 yd, and most of the guys I shoot with agree.
Guest Twenty

50 yards

Post by Guest Twenty »

I started out much like you - 50 feet only for a few years. I remember my 1st "long line" match. When I looked in the scope I was surprised at the "spread" of the shots. I reminded myself that the scoring rings were much larger. My score was better than my 50 foot score. That was it. I learned to love 50 yard bullseye. I always prefer to shoot outdoors over indoors.
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

The 50ft slow fire targets kill me with 22s.
X-Mark

Post by X-Mark »

I agree. I started outdoor, then found an indoor league for winter. I felt like I was starting over. That 50' 10 ring is way to small! ...But great practice for outdoor.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

It's at best difficult to miss the paper in 25 yard rapid fire, but its a regular thing with the 25 yard slow fire targets. No margin for error at all. I'd hate to see what I shoot at 50 feet.

Mike
Wichita KS