Custom target grips for S&W 41

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Kirmdog

Custom target grips for S&W 41

Post by Kirmdog »

For those that have shot more bullseye than I, do you have any suggestions as to custom target grips for my S&W 41 ? I have tried the rosin to help stop the stock grips from slipping in my hand and my scores have gone up measurably. I can't help but wonder if custom target grips would help my scores even more and I'm concidering getting a set.
Any ideas, Nils, Fung, Herrett ?

Kirmdog
MSC

Post by MSC »

I think Nills and Rink are the best, though pricey. Some like Nills over Rink, and vice-versa. I prefer Rinks myself. Feel free to PM me if you want to purchase and would like some size/fitting info. I've had a bunch of each, and learned a few lessons along the way. Happy to help someone avoid the mistakes I did :)

Oh, and I personally DO think they help your score. Though I know a high-master shooter or two that would argue they're unnecessary "fluff". But they could likely shoot 290/300 with popsicle sticks as panel grips, though!
DHMG1

CUSTOM M-41 GRIPS

Post by DHMG1 »

CHECK WITH DICK HORTON (618)-244-3389 OR HORTON1@CHARTER.NET
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

For the price and quality, these are an incredible bargain IMHO. My only problem was that the cutout for the slide release was a bit shallow -- a file on the grip to deepen the cutout and some penetrating finish oil fixed that easily.

Best,

Joe
slavetoturf

Post by slavetoturf »

A big thumbs up on the Nills, If I could afford them I'd put them on everything. Every ones hand and hold varies so I'm sure there is no best fit for everyone but I am very pleased with mine and I would not hesitate to purchase another set.
wkev

Post by wkev »

Kirmdog,
The best thing to do is to try out the grips to see what fits your hand best. Everyone's hands are different and each gun is different so if at all possible try to go somewhere that Larry's Guns or Champions Choice is set up and try the different grips for your pistol. You may find that the maker you prefer on a 1911 is not the one you prefer for a M41.
I shoot bullseye as well as International (AP, FP, and Std) and one thing I have noticed is that the ergonomic grips can be less forgiving especially with heavier pulls (comes into play on 45s). You'll need to learn how to fit your grips to your hands. There are many threads on here about that. The better they fit your hand, the better you will like them. Without actually seeing how the grip fits your hand, it is difficult to decide which one to get. Morini, Nill, Rink, Vitarbo, they all make excellent grips. You won't go wrong, but one will fit your hand better than the others. Try them out.

Best of Luck,
Kevin Walker,
GySgt, USMC Reserve Pistol Team
jackh

Post by jackh »

Morini grips have given me the best results on 22s. Nil is probably in second place. Horton, Vitarbo and Rink just didn't work out. On revolver, Fung grips are my first choice.
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

I use a Nill on my 41 and on my A/P, they seem better than the Morini to my hand.