Anschutz 8002

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Mirconium

Anschutz 8002

Post by Mirconium »

Anybody know the current pricing, also, how's the quality of the gun, compared to say... Feinwerkbau P70?
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Not sure about the pricing, but the 8002 is my favourite Anschutz air rifle.

As for quality against a FWB P-70, i would suggest you make your own mind up, as i guess every one will have an opinion on this.
All i will say is that the frame on the FWB is a solid alu frame machined from billet and the Anschutz is a cast frame from a mixture of alu and white metal and it has had some criticism for this reason.
I don't think this detracts from the 8002 performance at all, just don't drop the Anschutz on a hard surface or you might end up with a rifle in 2 pieces. I have personally seen this happen.

Peepsight
Quest1

Price

Post by Quest1 »

Check out Champion's Choice website or you can Scott or Champion's Shooters for there current pricing. The Champion' Choice website shows $1550 for the club rifle which comes with sights and $1850 for alu stock model and no sights.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Do you mean the Feinwerkbau P700. Colin
TWP

Post by TWP »

We've got about 8-10 kids in our club shooting 8002's either the CMP or Club model. Current pricing is about $1,500 for the CMP or club model. Aluminum stocks are higher.

4 of them have had to go back for repairs, 1 of them has gone back twice and 1 has gone back 3 times.

We've got over a dozen kids shooting P70 Jrs. With the exception of 2 broken rear sights none of them have had a problem. We also have 6 P70 jr's as club guns. They get shot 3-4 nights a week are at least 6 years old and have not needed any repairs.

I'll take a used P70 jr. over a new 8002 any day of the week.

We've also get a few kids shooting the Anschutz 2002. They have been totally reliable as well.

We have 1 shooter with the FWB P700 and it has been reliable so far, but is only a year old.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

I think the better value is the fwb 700. I have been shooting mine for almost 3 years now and have not had problem with it, and i do shoot it alot. I also think that the best anschutz air rifle they made was the 2002 model.

I shot the 8002 cmp model and never really liked it that much.

I would go with a FWB if you have the money.

lax
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

That sounds like a pretty good testimony to me regarding both makes.
Its interesting that you mentioned the 2002 as i have seen several that are quite old, shot thousands of pellets and have never broke down.

If you want your guns tested for endurance, survivability and reliability, let the kids shoot them.

Peepsight
10x

Post by 10x »

Also notice that Anschutz have revived the 2002 due to olympic gold...