Sport Pistol Grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Sport Pistol Grips

Post by Gwhite »

My wife has had a Pardini SP for several years, and the steep angle of the grip occasionally causes pain in her elbow. I got an SP New recently, and had the same problem. I had been shooting a Benelli MP90S, which has a Nill-Griffe grip that I never had a problem with. I purchased a Nill-Griffe grip for the Pardini, and my elbow pain went away. Because I am no longer shooting my Benelli, I got a Rink Extra-Small grip so my youngest step daughter could shoot it.

On the theory that others might be interested in a head to head comparison, I took pictures & measured the grip angle of the various grips, using a line drawn between the finger grooves as my reference. The Pardini grip is at just about 45 degrees from vertical. Both the Nill-Griffe and the Rink grips are at about 35 degrees.

A few other comments & observations:

1) The Rink grip heel rest adjustment leaves a gap above the rest unless it is in the highest position. I suspect this could be uncomfortable if the grip is sized such that you need to place the rest near the bottom of its range.

2) Rink has the greatest selection in terms of sizes & other options.

3) The Pardini "Large" grip is about the same size as the Nill-Griffe "Medium", at least as far as filling my hand. Both are smaller than the Benelli "Medium" grip.

4) The bolt that comes with the factory Pardini grip is too short for the Nill-Griffe grip. The factory bolt is an M5-0.8 thread cap screw 35mm long. 40mm works better, and you could easily go to a 45 mm bolt for a little more security. The factory bolt was only engaged 1.5 threads on the new grip.
Attachments
Pardini Grip.gif
Nill Griffe Grip.gif
Rink Grip.gif