1813 trigger

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

texas10xs

1813 trigger

Post by texas10xs »

I have just returned to shooting after a 20 year layoff. I have pulled out my 1813 and now need to have the trigger reconditioned. It feels like it is sticking and kind of stiff after the long period of unuse. Who would you suggest to rework the trigger.

Post by Guest »

10 Ring Service in Florida. Sorry don't have contact info with me.

Post by Guest »

I too would recommend Steve Moore at 10 ring service. I got back into competition last year after a 12 yr absence and had the same sticky trigger issue you have. They did a great job

10 ring service - 904.724.7419

Post by Guest »

You can try cleaning it with one of the many gun solvents, like Gun Scrubber. Then you can "lube" it with cigarette lighter fluid. That is what we did in college on the team, and I think this process is standard. Good luck getting back into the sport.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

If you feel comfortable doing this, just take the barreled action out of the stock (2 action screws). From there you should be able to put some sort of lubricant on the trigger mechanism. You really can't do any damage just removing the stock from the barreled action. If that doesn't work you can always send it to someone but I would try this first.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

double post
Last edited by Jordan F. on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
metermatch

1813 trigger

Post by metermatch »

Solution is to take out the 2 screws holding on trigger, and pitch trigger in garbage can. Go get a Kenyon trigger, problem solved.

I did that 22 years ago, and never had a regret. Zero malfunctions with the Kenyon. I have never cleaned, lubed, opened it or adjusted it, in over 100,000 rounds fired in my 1813. I had a few malfunctions with the Anschutz trigger.

The Anschutz is a very nice trigger with lots of adjustability. And that is the problem. Too much to go wrong and get sticky. Just a personal opinion, because most of the rest of the world (and I don't mean just shooting) has lost the idea of keeping things as simple as possible. It's as if people think that complicated with many adjustment posibilities is a good thing. Look at the new rifles and equipment for examples.

Jeff
metermatch

1813 trigger

Post by metermatch »

Of course the 50 cent solution is to do what the others above said. Pull action out of stock, and shoot some gun cleaning solvent like gun scrubber on trigger, or try some break free. Re lube trigger pivot points with high quality light machine oil. Always worked for me.

If you have the bucks, get a Kenyon.

Jeff
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Personally i think the ans triggers are great. The problem is that to many people that dont know what there doing try to change the sitting of them and end up messing them up. Ive shot Ans triggers all my life and have never had a problem with one. But if you know how to set them up correctly and keep them clean you are good. To many people let cleaning solutions and oils drip down into the trigger and it just comes them up, then they try to adjust it because it dosnt feel right and they mess it up. Most of the time the triggers are just a little dirty. I would just send it to 10 ring service in FL and have them do the work for you. Hes a great guy and does very good work. Your trigger will come out as good as new, and you cant beat it for the price.

lax
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

To each his own on the triggers, I will keep my 5018. I don't know that a Kenyon is really a choice anymore.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I agree with last couple post that you can't go wrong with the anschutz trigger. I really like the 5018 on my Anschutz 54MS. Very solid and crisp.
Shooting Kiwi

Anschutz trigger identification

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

How are the various Anschutz trigger assemblies identified? There are, I believe, four flavours of the 5018 trigger: a single stage (5018D), two stage (5018) and a left-hand version of each.

All I can find on my trigger is a stamped '18', which I take to be the last two digits of 5018. Does this numbering convention apply to the other triggers, such as the 14XX, 50XX and 51XX series?
metermatch

Trigger

Post by metermatch »

Don't know about right or left hand, but the Anschutz trigger is adjustable for single stage or two stage. Just be really careful with the little screw that changes the cam position!

Jeff