1000 gms for Centre Fire

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

top end

1000 gms for Centre Fire

Post by top end »

Can anybody confirm that the the ISSF are planning to drop the trigger weight for Centre Fire pistol to 1000 grams, starting 2009. Have heard this from a judge at a recent competition, and would like to check the veracity.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Perhaps that is part of the full story.

Goodbye centre fire, hello mens sport pistol...
RobStubbs

Re: 1000 gms for Centre Fire

Post by RobStubbs »

top end wrote:Can anybody confirm that the the ISSF are planning to drop the trigger weight for Centre Fire pistol to 1000 grams, starting 2009. Have heard this from a judge at a recent competition, and would like to check the veracity.
I've not heard anything or seen anything on the ISSF website, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I can't however see any point behind that change.

Rob.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

j-team wrote:Perhaps that is part of the full story.

Goodbye centre fire, hello mens sport pistol...
What is the full story? ....
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I can't say about ISSF intenationally, but under German nationally applied ISSF rules e.g., beginning from 01.01.2009 centrefire pistol will have 1000 grams minimum trigger weight, which is a very sensible egalisation:

http://www.schuetzenbund.de/pdf/statute ... abelle.pdf

Alexander
macca

1000 gms for Centre Fire

Post by macca »

Draft rules for 2009 as presented at the ISSF Gen Assembly in Beijing at WC for approval, included at 8.11.0 25m Centre Fire pistol pull 1000gm min.
The Draft Rules were accepted so any National representative would have reported to their Federtion those changes of interest.
Give your representative a call.
But yes from 01.01.2009 CF pull will be 1000gm minimum.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Good! 1000g is entirely controllable, and it is particularly useful for those of us who are shooting conversion units of one sort or another.
2650 Plus

1000 mg trigger for centerfire

Post by 2650 Plus »

We should applaude this change as it fits with our NRA centerfire rule and as mentioned in an earlier post the combination guns also benefit. And making most of the ISSF rules so simular reduces the training time to prepare for the different competitions. I like it !!! Good Shootiing Bill Horton