Matches?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bucksnort

Matches?

Post by bucksnort »

Gentlemen,

What is a good source for the scheduled times and places for international pistol matches in the Pacific NW? Thanks
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

USAShooting website, registered matches are called "PTO" Preliminary Try Out.

some clubs have non-registered events too...

Poole
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

Bill,
Many years ago, they were called 'Sectionals' and were fired at varied locations. The Big Shoot then was Black Canyon (Ben Avery) and then Los Angeles. Ed
2650 Plus

Arizona Matches

Post by 2650 Plus »

I have shot on the Black Canion ranges many times but always high power rifle. One of the easier ranges to get a good feel for wind and conditions. Not at all like Camp Bullis in Texas where the prevaling wind was a constant fish tail . Bot the toughest range to cope with was , In my opinion the range at the old atomic center that was built with the 1000 yard line up on one Mountain and the targets about three mountains down range. The wind could be blowing a different direction between all three mountains. A reallly fun range to compete on. The folks in Tennessee really did a fine job construction wise. That range and the Black Canion were [I believe}the first ranges to install the cantilever target frames Good Shooting Bill Horton
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

I'm especially looking for 50M shooting in WA, OR and Idaho? It looks like international pistol shooting is waning, except for colleges and universities.
Thanks,
Ed