List of New England Rifle Matches

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

xfactor

List of New England Rifle Matches

Post by xfactor »

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a list (or know where i can find one) of rifle matches in the New England area? Smallbore and airgun would be nice. Havent shot competitively since graduating from college in 2006 and looking to start competing again. Thanks for your help.

Rich
NE RIFLE

NE Rifle Matches

Post by NE RIFLE »

1813benny

some more info please....

Post by 1813benny »

Define "New England area". Where are you located and how far are you willing to travel.
NE Rifle

New England

Post by NE Rifle »

Defined as Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut
1813benny

Eric...is that you..

Post by 1813benny »

Great...I was looking forward to my geography lesson of the day.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

Plenty of prone and 3P in CT. For less then $10 a year you can subscribe to Shooting Sports USA and find out where all the NRA matches are.

https://www.nrahq.org/publications/ssusa/subscribe.asp
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
Junior Coach

Re: List of New England Rifle Matches

Post by Junior Coach »

xfactor wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a list (or know where i can find one) of rifle matches in the New England area? Smallbore and airgun would be nice. Havent shot competitively since graduating from college in 2006 and looking to start competing again. Thanks for your help.

Rich
Blow the dust off your rifle!

The NH Metric 3P Outdoor State Championship is being held 9/20 in Hudson, NH. Good place to wet your feet again. Send e-mail to kjylkka@verizon.net if you're interested.

Check out foliagematch.com too. Nice 2 day all prone match in Hopkinton, MA.

Nicole runs the Great Pumpkin Match at Bell City, CT in October.
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

Thanks for the replies everyone. As a junior i shot in Newport, RI and shot in college for Xavier University. Ive shot both the fall foliage and great pumpkin before. both are nice matches. Thanks again everyone.

Rich
Junior Coach

New England Matches

Post by Junior Coach »

One more good place to look...

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/calendar.asp
squiggly007

Post by squiggly007 »

Junior coach, I cant figure out who you are. Its Anthony from the Hudson team. Are you one of the parkers?
corning

Post by corning »

Iroquois Range in Rotterdam, NY has some very nicely run smallbore matches each year. I try to shoot the conventional (3200) prone in the fall, and the metric (2700) prone in the summer. I think there is also a position match scheduled in as well.

Rotterdam is just outside of Albany. Not quite New England, but worth the drive.

John