Anschutz 8002

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

shadow

Anschutz 8002

Post by shadow »

The rifle coach at our club is getting up there in years. He has turned out some good junior shooters over the years. I do not want to let the program fall by the wayside so I am preparing to help out. I am a pistol shooter so coaching rifle will be new to me. I just bought a Anschutz 64 and want to buy an air rifle as well. Is the Anschutz 8002 offered by the CMP a good air rifle for me - someone who wants to coach and does not intend to actually shoot the rifles in competition?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Probably the best deal on new rifles (w/sights) today.
Our club has 2 and the shooters love 'em
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Great rifle at a great price. I personally have one and have won 1 gold, 3 silver, and 2 bronze medals in USA Shooting Zone and Regional competitions with it over the past few years so it can shoot. In fact, I had mine pellet tested about a year ago and the winning lot shot a 10 shot group at 10m that could hold an unfired pellet up by the skirt. Bottom line, you cannot go wrong with that rifle.
chillippr

Post by chillippr »

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you have a rifle "pellet tested"?
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Great question! Mine was tested by Neal Johnson's. Basically, when I had some maintenance done on my air rifle they conducted the pellet testing at the same time. You place the rifle in a vice and then shoot either 5 or 10 shots at the target paper (my groups were 10 shot groups). You mark the shot group with the type of pellet, the size of the pellet, and the lot number of the pellet. Then you adjust the paper so that yo may repeat theproces with another type of pellet. You continue this process until you have tested all the pellets you intend to test. In my case, the "winner" was H&N Finale 4.50mm lot number 62157. The down side with this is when the lot number is no longer available, you need to start the process over again so if you find a particular lot that you like, buy as many pellets from that lot as you can. Hope that helps. Good shooting.

Paul
pwh

Post by pwh »

I just wrote somewhat of a lengthy article on this very subject on a new gun/target related forum site that I'm in the process of building. It includes numerous pictures as to the set up and test results. Of course the test results pertain to my particular rifle as each must do their own test but, it would clearly tell you what is involved and how to go about it.

I was simply going to give the link to the that particular article but it seems that as the site is still closed it will only lead to a dead end in telling you that the site is, well.... "closed"! Was more than willing to share it here as I don't believe in any competition as it were among forum sites but. as said it won't work until I have it opened up. Matter of fact, you can see exactly what I mean by clicking on my "Visit Poster's Website". When I tried the link that is all that came up. Oh well.....I tried.

Should be finished with it in the very near future and when it's open I'll try to remember to give the link to the article here. After all, it's all a common quest for information and about sharing knowledge with each other.

~Phil
pwh

Post by pwh »

Finally managed to get the site open! As I later found out that a guest to the site was not able to see the images anyway but that issue has been resolved. Anyway, the link to the article should now work and all the images should now be visible. http://www.rifleandpistolzone.com/showp ... ostcount=1

~Phil