Anyone purchase a pistol from Canadian shop (buyer in U.S.)?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MSC

Anyone purchase a pistol from Canadian shop (buyer in U.S.)?

Post by MSC »

Might be a very common thing or totally illegal. But can a U.S. buyer get a pistol shipped to their FFL from a Canadian dealer?
william

Post by william »

It's legal: the US dealer submits Form 6 to BATF and waits 4-8 weeks for approval. There is some export paperwork to be filed on the Canadian side. Ready to roll? Not exactly. You will likely spend the next several months trying unsuccessfully to find postal or other carrier that will transport it over the border. Have fun!
MSC

Post by MSC »

Yeah, didn't think it would be simple process. Thanks for the info.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You might want to contact these guys they specialize in importing firearms from the US to Canada. They have a physical presence on both sides of the border, they may be able to help.

http://www.questar.ca/
MSC

Post by MSC »

Thanks Richard. I see you're from the "great white north". Have you ever dealt with/know of "Ronin Sports"?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I personally haven't but a couple of club members that I shoot with and know very well have and were happy.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Great, thanks again, Richard!