scatt training

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

guidolastra

scatt training

Post by guidolastra »

anybody knows at what height should the target be in prone and kneeling positions during scatt training at 10 meters ?
RobStubbs

Re: scatt training

Post by RobStubbs »

guidolastra wrote:anybody knows at what height should the target be in prone and kneeling positions during scatt training at 10 meters ?
Divide the 50M height by five will roughly work. Kneeling would need to be a bit higher to correct for the angular diferences.

Rob.
guidolastra

scatt training questions (2)

Post by guidolastra »

I found in the USAS 3 position air rifle shooting:
For prone: 50 cm
For Standing 1.40 m
For kneeling 80 cm

two more questions:
1. How accurate you think scatt is in terms of scores?
2. How accurate you think scatt is for 50 meters disciplines, I have the impression it is pretty good for 10 meters, and a little more unpredictable at 50 meters...
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

1. How accurate you think scatt is in terms of scores?
2. How accurate you think scatt is for 50 meters disciplines, I have the impression it is pretty good for 10 meters, and a little more unpredictable at 50 meters...
The question is how good are your settings? The closer they are to replicating your rifle (or pistol) the closer your scores are likely to be. 50 metre scores on Scatt are always going to be more at variance unless you are dealing with an indoor range. However, try to bear in mind that Scatt is not a scoring system, it's a training system. You should see the results of your Scatt training in terms of improvements in your live scores. What you score on Scatt doesn't really matter; there are no prizes for the best Scatt score; it's how it helps you come top of the list at a match that is important.

I apologise if I seem to be trying to teach you to suck eggs, but I do believe that the shooter's attitude to training aids is a key to their successful employment.

Rutty
guidolastra

scatt training

Post by guidolastra »

I completely agree with you in that scatt is a training and not a scoring tool. It is just that sometimes there appears to be a big difference between where you call the shot, and where it is actually located in the scatt simulator.
enricovolante

Post by enricovolante »

the only thing I do not understand is why they are so expensive....
guidolastra

scatt training

Post by guidolastra »

However, it is worth its price. I wish there was more information about how to adjust the settings and how to interpret the results. Apart from some discussions about the "L" factor, I have not seen a lot more discussed about what to do with the data you get. Looks like a lot of what you get from scatt is not because of the information you get, but because you train more often....hat do you think?
enricovolante

Post by enricovolante »

I recently purchased the MEC book "air rifle shooting" and from what I can say it contains a lot of tips about the Scatt results analysis.
Probably as you said it is worth its price but nobody will complain if they lower it of 2/300 $ in order to make it a bit more affordable for everyone.
With a 1000 euro you are able to purchase a good used rifle
guidolastra

scatt training

Post by guidolastra »

I got both the ways of the rifle and air rifle shooting. I probably should spend more time actually reading them...
I have another question, my air rifle range is in my basement. I recently restarted with the air rifle, and I have a scatt. Is there any way to make a scoring system out of the scatt? I use it for training, of course, but once in a while I think it is important to know and assess the real scores...