Need some help-FWB 65

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

tom mayo

Need some help-FWB 65

Post by tom mayo »

Got a used FWB 65 today in the mail.

Dont know squat about airguns, but I have owned one or two for the last 30+ years.

Anyhow.....It seems to work ok, took me a long time to zero it and the front sight blade seems awfully wide compared to my target center fire guns

Soooo, I am wondering, what exactly is that dohickey that sits up on the bottom of the tube when its cocked open?....I assume it has something to do with the interia anti recoil mechanism???

straight back from it, on the bottom of the slide (if I can call the air chamber that) is a hole....it appears to be full of old grease or something.....what should I do about that.

Do I need to take the whole thing apart and clean it well?

It was in storage for quite a while, not sure how long, but I got it from a friend and I would imagine a number of years. He is at a trade show this weekend so I cant contact him until tues or wed

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Tom Mayo
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Tom,

It sounds like you are describing the interlock (small stamped piece that is semi circular and oriented toward the muzzle) and the related buffer that is on the cylinder and below the chamber seal. If it is, it sounds like you need a new buffer (cheap and easy to install. Beeman listed the part as 16.125.3). It normally protrudes about 5mm above surface. It sounds like it has gotten gummy and worn flush. Check out the 10-P files, the manual posted on the Feinwerkbau site, and the parts diagram posted on:

http://www.citlink.net/~schattler/65.htm

Good luck,

toznerd
tom mayo

Post by tom mayo »

thank you sire......

is there a place that I could send it to get a complete overhaul???

Thanks again!
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

There used to be a few places that you could send them to get worked on. Randy Bimrose still may do work on FWBs, Our host Scott should be able to do it, but I imagine he is very busy this summer supporting the U.S. team. Neal Stepp at I.S.S. in Fort Worth, TX used to do it, but I'm not sure he does any more. Neal would definately have any part you would need. I rebuilt a model 65 and model 80 this Winter from parts I got from Neal. I'm sure there are others that I am failing to remember. Maybe some of the others here could direct you to other sources for an overhaul.

toznerd
tom mayo

Post by tom mayo »

Thanks again, I will pursue those leads.......I had a 300S for many years, like a fool I sold it, I should get another!