Matt Emmons Takes Bronze at Milan World Cup

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USA Shooting

Matt Emmons Takes Bronze at Milan World Cup

Post by USA Shooting »

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (May 29, 2008) – On the final day of competition at the 2008 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup in Milan, Italy, 2004 Olympic gold medalist Matt Emmons (Browns Mills, N.J.) took home the bronze medal in the Men’s 50m Prone Rifle event.

Emmons, who will represent the U.S. on the 2008 Olympic team in Beijing in both Prone Rifle and 3-Position Rifle, claimed the bronze after a close struggle against his 2008 U.S. Olympic teammate Mike Anti (Winterville, N.C.), a three-time Olympian and the 2004 silver medalist in 3-Position.

Emmons and Anti both entered the final with a qualification score of 595, and had very strong performances, but Emmons closed the final with two excellent shots of 10.8 and 10.4 points, finishing in third place with a final score of 103.8 and an overall score of 698.8 points.

“I am quite satisfied of my performances here in Milan,” said Emmons right before lining up for the final match. “I made it into the three rifle finals, I am there, so that’s a good indicator in this moment”.

Anti finished in fifth place with a final score of 103.0 and a total score of 698.0, right behind Jury Sukhorukov of Ukraine, who took fourth place with a total of 698.1 points.

Denmark’s Torben Grimmel won today’s 50M Rifle Prone event, shooting the highest overall score of 701.3 points. Toshikazu Yamashita of Japan followed him in second place with 699.3 points.

For complete World Cup Milan results, please visit the following link on ISSF TV’s website: http://www.issf.tv/issftv_table.aspx?mo ... se=results