Solid glove?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pwh

Solid glove?

Post by pwh »

Have a question on glove type. I shoot with the stock resting on the back of my fingers/knuckles. (fingers curled and facing in my direction. I noticed that most of the shooters in matches who shoot like this are wearing a "solid" glove. One that seems to have a strong unyielding panel on the back of the glove. (see attachment) Right now I have a normal padded glove. Would I be better off with the solid/supported glove? I was thinking of purchasing a new glove without fingers anyway so I figured I would toss this out before doing so. Also, there is a solid glove (not pictured) that also has the same back support as shown but also has it on the back of the fingers. Which of these two do you think would better serve me as to the way I support the stock?

~Phil
Attachments
glove.jpeg
glove.jpeg (5.11 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

The only difference I noticed when shooting with a fist, was that the stock had a tendency to slide a bit when getting into position with the hard stuff on the back of the fingers. I didn't notice any other difference between the hard stuff and top grip in the standing position.

Post by Guest »

if your using a fist I would recommend getting the completely "solid" glove. The type shown has the top grip material on the part that touches your knuckle. Kurt Thune makes a model that has the solid part on the knuckles which provides a flatter surface for the rifle to be resting on.
pwh

Post by pwh »

Anonymous wrote:if your using a fist I would recommend getting the completely "solid" glove. The type shown has the top grip material on the part that touches your knuckle. Kurt Thune makes a model that has the solid part on the knuckles which provides a flatter surface for the rifle to be resting on.
Yep....the one pictured is a Kurt Thune and the one you referred to is the one I was thinking of purchasing.

~Phil